OracleVM 2.1 : krb5 (OVMSA-2009-0003)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 79452
SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
CVE-2009-0844 The get_input_token function in the SPNEGO implementation in MIT Kerberos 5 (aka krb5) 1.5 through 1.6.3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) and possibly obtain sensitive information via a crafted length value that triggers a buffer over-read.
CVE-2009-0845 The spnego_gss_accept_sec_context function in lib/gssapi/spnego/spnego_mech.c in MIT Kerberos 5 (aka krb5) 1.5 through 1.6.3, when SPNEGO is used, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and daemon crash) via invalid ContextFlags data in the reqFlags field in a negTokenInit token.
CVE-2009-0846 The asn1_decode_generaltime function in lib/krb5/asn.1/asn1_decode.c in the ASN.1 GeneralizedTime decoder in MIT Kerberos 5 (aka krb5) before 1.6.4 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via vectors involving an invalid DER encoding that triggers a free of an uninitialized pointer.
- update to revised patch for (CVE-2009-0844, CVE-2009-0845)
- add fix for potential buffer read overrun in the SPNEGO GSSAPI mechanism (#490635, CVE-2009-0844)
- add fix for NULL pointer dereference when handling certain error cases in the SPNEGO GSSAPI mechanism (#490635, CVE-2009-0845)
- add fix for attempt to free uninitialized pointer in the ASN.1 decoder (#490635, CVE-2009-0846)
- add fix for bug in length validation in the ASN.1 decoder (CVE-2009-0847)
- add backport of svn patch to fix a bug in how the gssapi library handles certain error cases in gss_accept_sec_context (CVE-2009-0845,
- add a backported patch which adds a check on credentials obtained from a foreign realm to make sure that they're of an acceptable type, and if not, retry to the request to get one of the right type (Sadique Puthen,
- backport fix from 1.6.3 to register file-based ccaches created with the krb5_cc_new_unique function with the global list, so that we don't crash when we go to close the ccache (#468729)
SolutionUpdate the affected krb5-libs / krb5-server / krb5-workstation packages.