openSUSE Security Update : pidgin (openSUSE-SU-2014:1397-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 79223
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Description- Update to version 2.10.10 :
+ General :
- Check the basic constraints extension when validating SSL/TLS certificates. This fixes a security hole that allowed a malicious man-in-the-middle to impersonate an IM server or any other https endpoint. This affected both the NSS and GnuTLS plugins (CVE-2014-3694, boo#902495).
- Allow and prefer TLS 1.2 and 1.1 when using the NSS plugin for SSL (im#15909).
+ libpurple3 compatibility :
- Encrypted account passwords are preserved until the new one is set.
- Fix loading Google Talk and Facebook XMPP accounts.
+ Windows-Specific Changes: Don't allow overwriting arbitrary files on the file system when the user installs a smiley theme via drag-and-drop (CVE-2014-3697).
+ Finch: Fix build against Python 3 (im#15969).
+ Gadu-Gadu: Updated internal libgadu to version 1.12.0.
+ Groupwise: Fix potential remote crash parsing server message that indicates that a large amount of memory should be allocated (CVE-2014-3696, boo#902410).
+ IRC: Fix a possible leak of unencrypted data when using /me command with OTR (im#15750).
+ MXit: Fix potential remote crash parsing a malformed emoticon response (CVE-2014-3695, boo#902409).
+ XMPP :
- Fix potential information leak where a malicious XMPP server and possibly even a malicious remote user could create a carefully crafted XMPP message that causes libpurple to send an XMPP message containing arbitrary memory (CVE-2014-3698, boo#902408).
- Fix Facebook XMPP roster quirks (im#15041, im#15957).
+ Yahoo: Fix login when using the GnuTLS library for TLS connections (im#16172, boo#874606).
- Drop pidgin-gstreamer1.patch: causes crashes and Video still does not work (boo#853038). Drop BuildRequires conditions switching to GStreamer 1.0.
- Rebase pidgin-crash-missing-gst-registry.patch.
+ add pidgin-crash-missing-gst-registry.patch according to the GST doc, 'gst_init' should be called before any other calls.
SolutionUpdate the affected pidgin packages.