IBM WebSphere Portal 8.5.0 < 8.5.0 CF02 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 79216
SynopsisThe remote Windows host has web portal software installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of IBM WebSphere Portal installed on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists in the Apache Struts ClassLoader. A remote attacker can exploit this issue by manipulating the 'class' parameter of an ActionForm object to execute arbitrary code.
- An unspecified information disclosure vulnerability exists which allows a remote attacker to gain access to sensitive information. (CVE-2014-3083)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists which allows a remote, authenticated attacker to gain access to sensitive information, such as user credentials, through certain HTML pages. (CVE-2014-4761)
- An unspecified cross-site scripting vulnerability exists due to improper validation of user input. This can be exploited by a remote, authenticated attacker to execute code in the security context of a user's browser.
- An unrestricted file upload vulnerability exists which allows a remote, authenticated attacker to upload large files, potentially resulting in a denial of service.
- An unspecified cross-site scripting vulnerability exists that allows remote, authenticated attackers to execute arbitrary code via a specially crafted URL.
SolutionIBM has published a cumulative fix (CF02) for WebSphere Portal 18.104.22.168. Refer to IBM's advisory for more information.