openSUSE Security Update : bash (openSUSE-SU-2014:1310-1) (Shellshock)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 78591
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Description- Replace patches bash-4.2-heredoc-eof-delim.patch and bash-4.2-parse-exportfunc.patch with the official upstream patch levels bash42-052 and bash42-053
- Replace patch bash-4.2-CVE-2014-7187.patch with upstream patch level bash42-051
- Add patches bash-4.2-heredoc-eof-delim.patch for bsc#898812, CVE-2014-6277: more troubles with functions bash-4.2-parse-exportfunc.patch for bsc#898884, CVE-2014-6278: code execution after original 6271 fix
- Make bash-4.2-extra-import-func.patch an optional patch due instruction
- Remove and replace patches bash-4.2-CVE-2014-6271.patch bash-4.2-BSC898604.patch bash-4.2-CVE-2014-7169.patch with bash upstream patch 48, patch 49, and patch 50
- Add patch bash-4.2-extra-import-func.patch which is based on the BSD patch of Christos. As further enhancements the option import-functions is mentioned in the manual page and a shopt switch is added to enable and disable import-functions on the fly
SolutionUpdate the affected bash packages.