New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote application server may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote host appears to be running IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 prior to Fix Pack 184.108.40.206. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw exists in the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm implementation which could allow a malicious process to recover ECDSA nonces.
- A denial of service flaw exists in the 'mod_log_config' when logging a cookie with an unassigned value. A remote attacker, using a specially crafted request, can cause the program to crash. (CVE-2014-0098, PI13028)
- A denial of service flaw exists within the IBM Security Access Manager for Web with the Reverse Proxy component.
This could allow a remote attacker, using specially crafted TLS traffic, to cause the application on the system to become unresponsive. (CVE-2014-0963, PI17025)
- An information disclosure flaw exists when handling SOAP responses. This could allow a remote attacker to potentially gain access to sensitive information.
- An information disclosure flaw exists. A remote attacker, using a specially crafted URL, could gain access to potentially sensitive information.
- A flaw exists within the 'addFileRegistryAccount' Virtual Member Manager SPI Admin Task, which creates improper accounts. This could allow a remote attacker to bypass security checks. (CVE-2014-3070, PI16765)
- An unspecified information disclosure flaw exists. This could allow a remote attacker access to gain sensitive information. (CVE-2014-3083, PI17768)
- An information disclosure flaw exists within the 'share/classes/sun/security/rsa/RSACore.java' class related to 'RSA blinding' caused during operations using private keys and measuring timing differences. This could allow a remote attacker to gain information about used keys. (CVE-2014-4244)
- A flaw exists within the 'validateDHPublicKey' function in the 'share/classes/sun/security/util/KeyUtil.java' class which is triggered during the validation of Diffie-Hellman public key parameters. This could allow a remote attacker to recover a key. (CVE-2014-4263)
- A flaw exists within the Load Balancer for IPv4 Dispatcher component. This could allow a remote attacker to crash the Load Balancer. (CVE-2014-4764, PI21189)
- A flaw exists within the Liberty Repository when installing features. This could allow an authenticated remote attacker to install and execute arbitrary code.
SolutionApply Fix Pack 220.127.116.11 for version 8.5 (18.104.22.168) or later.