SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis apache2 update fixes the following security issues :
- CRIME types of attack, based on size and timing analysis of compressed content, are now mitigated by the new SSLCompression directive, set to 'no' in /etc/apache2/ssl-global.conf
- ssl-global.conf: SSLHonorCipherOrder set to on
- SSLCipherSuite updates to vhosts.d/vhost-ssl.template and apache2-default-vhost-ssl.conf
- new config option CGIDScriptTimeout set to 60s in new file conf.d/cgid-timeout.conf, preventing worker processes hanging forever if a cgi launched from them has stopped reading input from the server. (bnc#887768, CVE-2014-0231)
- fix for mod_status race condition in scoreboard handling and consecutive heap overflow and information disclosure if access to mod_status is granted to a potential attacker. (bnc#887765, CVE-2014-0226)
- fixed improperly handled whitespace characters in CDATA sections of requests to mod_dav can lead to a crash, resulting in a DoS against the server. (bnc#869105, CVE-2013-6438)
- fix for crash in parsing cookie content, resulting in a DoS against the server. (bnc#869106, CVE-2014-0098)
SolutionUpdate the affected apache2 packages.