New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis apache2 update fixes the following security issues :
- CRIME types of attack, based on size and timing analysis of compressed content, are now mitigated by the new SSLCompression directive, set to 'no' in /etc/apache2/ssl-global.conf
- ssl-global.conf: SSLHonorCipherOrder set to on
- SSLCipherSuite updates to vhosts.d/vhost-ssl.template and apache2-default-vhost-ssl.conf
- new config option CGIDScriptTimeout set to 60s in new file conf.d/cgid-timeout.conf, preventing worker processes hanging forever if a cgi launched from them has stopped reading input from the server. (bnc#887768, CVE-2014-0231)
- fix for mod_status race condition in scoreboard handling and consecutive heap overflow and information disclosure if access to mod_status is granted to a potential attacker. (bnc#887765, CVE-2014-0226)
- fixed improperly handled whitespace characters in CDATA sections of requests to mod_dav can lead to a crash, resulting in a DoS against the server. (bnc#869105, CVE-2013-6438)
- fix for crash in parsing cookie content, resulting in a DoS against the server. (bnc#869106, CVE-2014-0098)
SolutionUpdate the affected apache2 packages.