PHP 5.3.x < 5.3.29 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 77285
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP installed on the remote host is 5.3.x prior to 5.3.29. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A heap-based buffer overflow error exists in the file 'ext/date/lib/parse_iso_intervals.c' related to handling DateInterval objects that allows denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-6712)
- A boundary checking error exists related to the Fileinfo extension, Composite Document Format (CDF) handling, and the function 'cdf_read_short_sector'. (CVE-2014-0207)
- A flaw exists with the 'cdf_unpack_summary_info()' function within 'src/cdf.c' where multiple file_printf calls occur when handling specially crafted CDF files.
This could allow a context dependent attacker to crash the web application using PHP. (CVE-2014-0237)
- A flaw exists with the 'cdf_read_property_info()' function within 'src/cdf.c' where an infinite loop occurs when handling specially crafted CDF files. This could allow a context dependent attacker to crash the web application using PHP. (CVE-2014-0238)
- A type-confusion error exists related to the Standard PHP Library (SPL) extension and the function 'unserialize'. (CVE-2014-3515)
- An error exists related to configuration scripts and temporary file handling that could allow insecure file usage. (CVE-2014-3981)
- A heap-based buffer overflow error exists related to the function 'dns_get_record' that could allow execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-4049)
- An out-of-bounds read exists in printf. (Bug #67249)
Note that Nessus has not attempted to exploit these issues, but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
Additionally, note that version 5.3.29 marks the end of support for the PHP 5.3.x branch.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.3.29 or later.