SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionChanges in exim :
- Silence static checkers; (beo#1506).
- update to 4.83 This release of Exim includes one incompatible fix :
+ the behavior of expansion of arguments to math comparison functions (<, <=, =, =>, >) was unexpected, expanding the values twice; CVE-2014-2972; (bnc#888520) This release contains the following enhancements and bugfixes :
+ PRDR was promoted from Experimental to mainline
+ OCSP Stapling was promoted from Experimental to mainline
+ new Experimental feature Proxy Protocol
+ new Experimental feature DSN (Delivery Status Notifications)
+ TLS session improvements
+ TLS SNI fixes
+ LDAP enhancements
+ DMARC fixes (previous CVE-2014-2957) and new $dmarc_domain_policy
+ several new operations (listextract, utf8clean, md5, sha1)
+ enforce header formatting with verify=header_names_ascii
+ new commandline option -oMm
+ new TLSA dns lookup
+ new malware 'sock' type
+ cutthrough routing enhancements
+ logging enhancements
+ DNSSEC enhancements
+ exiqgrep enhancements
+ deprecating non-standard SPF results
+ build and portability fixes
+ documentation fixes and enhancements
- Verify source tar ball gpg signature.
- Refresh exim-enable_ecdh_openssl.patch and strip version number from the patch filename.
- exim482-enable_ecdh_openssl.patch: Enable ECDH (elliptic curve diffie hellman) support, taken from http://bugs.exim.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1397
- BuildRequire libopenssl-devel only on SUSE systems.
- Fix suse_version condition of the pre- and postun scriptlets.
- Call service_add_pre from pre scriptlet on post-12.2 systems.
- update to 4.82
- Add -bI: framework, and -bI:sieve for querying sieve capabilities.
- Make -n do something, by making it not do something.
When combined with -bP, the name of an option is not output.
- Added tls_dh_min_bits SMTP transport driver option, only honoured by GnuTLS.
- First step towards DNSSEC, provide $sender_host_dnssec for $sender_host_name and config options to manage this, and basic check routines.
- DSCP support for outbound connections and control modifier for inbound.
- Cyrus SASL: set local and remote IP;port properties for driver. (Only plugin which currently uses this is kerberos4, which nobody should be using, but we should make it available and other future plugins might conceivably use it, even though it would break NAT;
stuff *should* be using channel bindings instead).
- Handle 'exim -L <tag>' to indicate to use syslog with tag as the process name; added for Sendmail compatibility; requires admin caller. Handle -G as equivalent to 'control = suppress_local_fixups' (we used to just ignore it); requires trusted caller. Also parse but ignore: -Ac -Am -X<logfile> Bugzilla 1117.
- Bugzilla 1258 - Refactor MAIL FROM optional args processing.
- Add +smtp_confirmation as a default logging option.
- Bugzilla 198 - Implement remove_header ACL modifier.
- Bugzilla 1197, 1281, 1283 - Spec typo.
- Bugzilla 1290 - Spec grammar fixes.
- Bugzilla 1285 - Spec omission, fix docbook errors for spec.txt creation.
- Add Experimental DMARC support using libopendmarc libraries.
- Fix an out of order global option causing a segfault.
Reported to dev mailing list by by Dmitry Isaikin.
- Bugzilla 1201 & 304 - New cutthrough-delivery feature, with TLS support.
- Support 'G' suffix to numbers in $(if comparisons.
- Handle smtp transport tls_sni option forced-fail for OpenSSL.
- Bugzilla 1196 - Spec examples corrections
- Add expansion operators $(listnamed:name) and $(listcount:string)
- Add gnutls_allow_auto_pkcs11 option (was originally called gnutls_enable_pkcs11, but renamed to more accurately indicate its function.
- Let Linux makefile inherit CFLAGS/CFLAGS_DYNAMIC. Pulled from Debian 30_dontoverridecflags.dpatch by Andreas Metzler.
- Add expansion item $(acl (name)(arg)...), expansion condition 'acl ((name)(arg)...)', and optional args on acl condition 'acl = name arg...'
- Permit multiple router/transport headers_add/remove lines.
- Add dnsdb pseudo-lookup 'a+' to do an 'aaaa' + 'a' combination.
- Avoid using a waiting database for a single-message-only transport. Performance patch from Paul Fisher. Bugzilla 1262.
- Strip leading/trailing newlines from add_header ACL modifier data. Bugzilla 884.
- Add $headers_added variable, with content from use of ACL modifier add_header (but not yet added to the message). Bugzilla 199.
- Add 8bitmime log_selector, for 8bitmime status on the received line. Pulled from Bugzilla 817 by Wolfgang Breyha.
- SECURITY: protect DKIM DNS decoding from remote exploit.
CVE-2012-5671 (nb: this is the same fix as in Exim 4.80.1)
- Add A= logging on delivery lines, and a client_set_id option on authenticators.
- Add optional authenticated_sender logging to A= and a log_selector for control.
- Unbreak server_set_id for NTLM/SPA auth, broken by 4.80 PP/29.
- Dovecot auth: log better reason to rejectlog if Dovecot did not advertise SMTP AUTH mechanism to us, instead of a generic protocol violation error. Also, make Exim more robust to bad data from the Dovecot auth socket.
- Fix ultimate retry timeouts for intermittently deliverable recipients.
- When a queue runner is handling a message, Exim first routes the recipient addresses, during which it prunes them based on the retry hints database. After that it attempts to deliver the message to any remaining recipients. It then updates the hints database using the retry rules.
- So if a recipient address works intermittently, it can get repeatedly deferred at routing time. The retry hints record remains fresh so the address never reaches the final cutoff time.
- This is a fairly common occurrence when a user is bumping up against their storage quota. Exim had some logic in its local delivery code to deal with this.
However it did not apply to per-recipient defers in remote deliveries, e.g. over LMTP to a separate IMAP message store.
- This change adds a proper retry rule check during routing so that the final cutoff time is checked against the message's age. We only do this check if there is an address retry record and there is not a domain retry record; this implies that previous attempts to handle the address had the retry_use_local_parts option turned on. We use this as an approximation for the destination being like a local delivery, as in LMTP.
- I suspect this new check makes the old local delivery cutoff check redundant, but I have not verified this so I left the code in place.
- Correct gecos expansion when From: is a prefix of the username.
- Test 0254 submits a message to Exim with the header
- When I ran the test suite under the user fanf2, Exim expanded the header to contain my full name, whereas it should have added a Resent-Sender: header. It erroneously treats any prefix of the username as equal to the username. This change corrects that bug.
- DCC debug and logging tidyup Error conditions log to paniclog rather than rejectlog. Debug lines prefixed by 'DCC: ' to remove any ambiguity.
- Avoid unnecessary rebuilds of lookup-related code.
- Fix OCSP reinitialisation in SNI handling for Exim/TLS as server. Bug spotted by Jeremy Harris; was flawed since initial commit. Would have resulted in OCSP responses post-SNI triggering an Exim NULL dereference and crash.
- Add $router_name and $transport_name variables. Bugzilla 308.
- Define SIOCGIFCONF_GIVES_ADDR for GNU Hurd. Bug detection, analysis and fix by Samuel Thibault. Bugzilla 1331, Debian bug #698092.
- Update eximstats to watch out for senders sending 'HELO [IpAddr]'
- SMTP PRDR (http://www.eric-a-hall.com/specs/draft-hall-prdr-00.txt ). Server implementation by Todd Lyons, client by JH.
Only enabled when compiled with EXPERIMENTAL_PRDR. A new config variable 'prdr_enable' controls whether the server advertises the facility. If the client requests PRDR a new acl_data_smtp_prdr ACL is called once for each recipient, after the body content is received and before the acl_smtp_data ACL. The client is controlled by bolth of: a hosts_try_prdr option on the smtp transport, and the server advertisement. Default client logging of deliveries and rejections involving PRDR are flagged with the string 'PRDR'.
- Fix problems caused by timeouts during quit ACLs trying to double fclose(). Diagnosis by Todd Lyons. Update configure.default to handle IPv6 localhost better. Patch by Alain Williams (plus minor tweaks). Bugzilla 880.
- OpenSSL made graceful with empty tls_verify_certificates setting. This is now consistent with GnuTLS, and is now documented: the previous undocumented portable approach to treating the option as unset was to force an expansion failure. That still works, and an empty string is now equivalent.
- Renamed DNSSEC-enabling option to 'dns_dnssec_ok', to make it clearer that Exim is using the DO (DNSSEC OK) EDNS0 resolver flag, not performing validation itself.
- Added force_command boolean option to pipe transport.
Patch from Nick Koston, of cPanel Inc.
- AUTH support on callouts (and hence cutthrough-deliveries). Bugzilla 321, 823.
- Added udpsend ACL modifer and hexquote expansion operator
- Fix eximon continuous updating with timestamped log-files. Broken in a format-string cleanup in 4.80, missed when I repaired the other false fix of the same issue. Report and fix from Heiko Schlichting. Bugzilla 1363.
- Guard LDAP TLS usage against Solaris LDAP variant.
Report from Prashanth Katuri.
- Support safari_ecdhe_ecdsa_bug for openssl_options. It's SecureTransport, so affects any MacOS clients which use the system-integrated TLS libraries, including email clients.
- Fix segfault from trying to fprintf() to a NULL stdio FILE* if using a MIME ACL for non-SMTP local injection.
Report and assistance in diagnosis by Warren Baker.
- Adjust exiqgrep to be case-insensitive for sender/receiver.
- Fix comparisons for 64b. Bugzilla 1385.
- Add expansion variable $authenticated_fail_id to keep track of last id that failed so it may be referenced in subsequent ACL's.
- Bugzilla 1375 - Prevent TLS rebinding in ldap. Patch provided by Alexander Miroch.
- Bugzilla 1382 - Option ldap_require_cert overrides start_tls ldap library initialization, allowing self-signed CA's to be used. Also properly sets require_cert option later in code by using NULL (global ldap config) instead of ldap handle (per session). Bug diagnosis and testing by alxgomz.
- Enhanced documentation in the ratelimit.pl script provided in the src/util/ subdirectory.
- Bug 1301 - Imported transport SQL logging patch from Axel Rau renamed to Transport Post Delivery Action by Jeremy Harris, as EXPERIMENTAL_TPDA.
- Bugzilla 1217 - Redis lookup support has been added. It is only enabled when Exim is compiled with EXPERIMENTAL_REDIS. A new config variable redis_servers = needs to be configured which will be used by the redis lookup. Patch from Warren Baker, of The Packet Hub.
- Fix exiqsumm summary for corner case. Patch provided by Richard Hall.
- Bugzilla 1289 - Clarify host/ip processing when have errors looking up a hostname or reverse DNS when processing a host list. Used suggestions from multiple comments on this bug.
- Bugzilla 1057 - Multiple clamd TCP targets patch from Mark Zealey.
- Had previously added a -CONTINUE option to runtest in the test suite. Missed a few lines, added it to make the runtest require no keyboard interaction.
- Bugzilla 1402 - Test 533 fails if any part of the path to the test suite contains upper case chars. Make router use caseful_local_part.
- Bugzilla 1400 - Add AVOID_GNUTLS_PKCS11 build option.
Allows GnuTLS support when GnuTLS has been built with p11-kit.
- Add systemd support for openSUSE > 12.2
- Remove some obsolete conditionnal macros
- exim.spec forces the use of SSL libraries, so make sure the BuildRequires are there. Also add previously implicit cyrus-sasl back.
- Fixed another remote code execution issue (CVE-2011-1407 / bnc#694798)
- Fixed STARTTLS command injection (bnc#695144)
SolutionUpdate the affected exim packages.