OpenSSL 1.0.1 < 1.0.1i Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 77088
SynopsisThe remote service is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote web server uses a version of OpenSSL 1.0.1 prior to 1.0.1i. The OpenSSL library is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A memory double-free error exists related to handling DTLS packets that allows denial of service attacks.
- An unspecified error exists related to handling DTLS handshake messages that allows denial of service attacks due to large amounts of memory being consumed.
- A memory leak error exists related to handling specially crafted DTLS packets that allows denial of service attacks. (CVE-2014-3507)
- An error exists related to 'OBJ_obj2txt' and the pretty printing 'X509_name_*' functions which leak stack data, resulting in an information disclosure. (CVE-2014-3508)
- An error exists related to 'ec point format extension' handling and multithreaded clients that allows freed memory to be overwritten during a resumed session.
- A NULL pointer dereference error exists related to handling anonymous ECDH cipher suites and crafted handshake messages that allow denial of service attacks against clients. (CVE-2014-3510)
- An error exists related to handling fragmented 'ClientHello' messages that could allow a man-in-the-middle attacker to force usage of TLS 1.0 regardless of higher protocol levels being supported by both the server and the client. (CVE-2014-3511)
- A buffer overflow error exists related to handling Secure Remote Password protocol (SRP) parameters having unspecified impact. (CVE-2014-3512)
- A NULL pointer dereference error exists related to handling Secure Remote Password protocol (SRP) that allows a malicious server to crash a client, resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2014-5139)
SolutionUpgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.1i or later.