FireEye Operating System Multiple Vulnerabilities (SB001)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 77057
SynopsisThe remote host is missing a vendor-supplied security patch.
DescriptionThe remote host is running a version of FireEye Operating System (FEOS) that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An error exists in the function ssl3_read_bytes() function that allows data to be injected into other sessions or allow denial of service attacks. Note that this issue is only exploitable if 'SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS' is enabled. (CVE-2010-5298)
- An error exists in the do_ssl3_write() function that allows a NULL pointer to be dereferenced, leading to denial of service attacks. Note that this issue is exploitable only if 'SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS' is enabled. (CVE-2014-0198)
- An error exists related to DTLS handshake handling that allows denial of service attacks. Note that this issue only affects OpenSSL when used as a DTLS client.
- An unspecified error exists that could allow an attacker to cause usage of weak keying material leading to simplified man-in-the-middle attacks.
- An error exists in the 'dtls1_get_message_fragment' function related to anonymous ECDH cipher suites. This allows denial of service attacks. Note that this issue only affects OpenSSL TLS clients. (CVE-2014-3470)
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands with root privileges.
SolutionApply the relevant patch referenced in the vendor advisory.