SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionUpdated kernel-rt packages that fix multiple security issues and various bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.0.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having important security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores, which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability from the CVE links in the References section.
Security fixes :
* A flaw in the SCTP and DCCP implementations could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2010-4526, CVE-2011-1770, Important)
* Flaws in the Management Module Support for Message Passing Technology (MPT) based controllers could allow a local, unprivileged user to cause a denial of service, an information leak, or escalate their privileges. (CVE-2011-1494, CVE-2011-1495, Important)
* Flaws in the AGPGART driver, and a flaw in agp_allocate_memory(), could allow a local user to cause a denial of service or escalate their privileges. (CVE-2011-1745, CVE-2011-2022, CVE-2011-1746, Important)
* A flaw in the client-side NLM implementation could allow a local, unprivileged user to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2011-2491, Important)
* A flaw in the Bluetooth implementation could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service or escalate their privileges.
* Flaws in the netlink-based wireless configuration interface could allow a local user, who has the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability, to cause a denial of service or escalate their privileges on systems that have an active wireless interface. (CVE-2011-2517, Important)
* The maximum file offset handling for ext4 file systems could allow a local, unprivileged user to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2011-2695, Important)
* A local, unprivileged user could allocate large amounts of memory not visible to the OOM killer, causing a denial of service.
* The proc file system could allow a local, unprivileged user to obtain sensitive information or possibly cause integrity issues.
* A local, privileged user could possibly write arbitrary kernel memory via /sys/kernel/debug/acpi/custom_method. (CVE-2011-1021, Moderate)
* Inconsistency in the methods for allocating and freeing NFSv4 ACL data; CVE-2010-4250 fix caused a regression; a flaw in next_pidmap() and inet_diag_bc_audit(); flaws in the CAN implementation; a race condition in the memory merging support; a flaw in the taskstats subsystem; and the way mapping expansions were handled could allow a local, unprivileged user to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2011-1090, CVE-2011-1479, CVE-2011-1593, CVE-2011-2213, CVE-2011-1598, CVE-2011-1748, CVE-2011-2183, CVE-2011-2484, CVE-2011-2496, Moderate)
* A flaw in GRO could result in a denial of service when a malformed VLAN frame is received. (CVE-2011-1478, Moderate)
* napi_reuse_skb() could be called on VLAN packets allowing an attacker on the local network to possibly trigger a denial of service.
* A denial of service could occur if packets were received while the ipip or ip_gre module was being loaded. (CVE-2011-1767, CVE-2011-1768, Moderate)
* Information leaks. (CVE-2011-1160, CVE-2011-2492, CVE-2011-2495, Low)
* Flaws in the EFI GUID Partition Table implementation could allow a local attacker to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2011-1577, CVE-2011-1776, Low)
* While a user has a CIFS share mounted that required successful authentication, a local, unprivileged user could mount that share without knowing the correct password if mount.cifs was setuid root.
Red Hat would like to thank Dan Rosenberg for reporting CVE-2011-1770, CVE-2011-1494, CVE-2011-1495, CVE-2011-2497, and CVE-2011-2213;
Vasiliy Kulikov of Openwall for reporting CVE-2011-1745, CVE-2011-2022, CVE-2011-1746, CVE-2011-2484, and CVE-2011-2495; Vasily Averin for reporting CVE-2011-2491; Brad Spengler for reporting CVE-2010-4243; Kees Cook for reporting CVE-2011-1020; Robert Swiecki for reporting CVE-2011-1593 and CVE-2011-2496; Oliver Hartkopp for reporting CVE-2011-1748; Andrea Righi for reporting CVE-2011-2183;
Ryan Sweat for reporting CVE-2011-1478 and CVE-2011-1576; Peter Huewe for reporting CVE-2011-1160; Marek Kroemeke and Filip Palian for reporting CVE-2011-2492; and Timo Warns for reporting CVE-2011-1577 and CVE-2011-1776.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: redhat-RHSA-2011-1253.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
CPE: p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug-devel, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debuginfo-common-x86_64, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-devel, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-doc, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-firmware, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-trace, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-trace-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-trace-devel, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-vanilla, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-vanilla-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-vanilla-devel, cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:6
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/RedHat/release, Host/RedHat/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 9/12/2011
Vulnerability Publication Date: 1/10/2011
CVE: CVE-2010-4243, CVE-2010-4526, CVE-2011-1020, CVE-2011-1021, CVE-2011-1090, CVE-2011-1160, CVE-2011-1478, CVE-2011-1479, CVE-2011-1494, CVE-2011-1495, CVE-2011-1576, CVE-2011-1577, CVE-2011-1585, CVE-2011-1593, CVE-2011-1598, CVE-2011-1745, CVE-2011-1746, CVE-2011-1748, CVE-2011-1767, CVE-2011-1768, CVE-2011-1770, CVE-2011-1776, CVE-2011-2022, CVE-2011-2183, CVE-2011-2213, CVE-2011-2484, CVE-2011-2491, CVE-2011-2492, CVE-2011-2495, CVE-2011-2496, CVE-2011-2497, CVE-2011-2517, CVE-2011-2695
BID: 45004, 45661, 46567, 46766, 46866, 47056, 47185, 47296, 47321, 47343, 47381, 47497, 47503, 47534, 47535, 47769, 47796, 47835, 47843, 47852, 47853, 48333, 48383, 48441, 48472, 48538, 48697, 48907, 49141, 49408