openSUSE Security Update : wireshark (openSUSE-SU-2014:0017-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 75415
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Description- update to 1.10.5
+ bugs fixed :
- Wireshark stops showing new packets but dumpcap keeps writing them to the temp file.
- Wireshark 1.10.4 shuts down when promiscuous mode is unchecked.
- Homeplug dissector bug: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION:
dissector accessed an invalid memory address.
- update to 1.10.4 [bnc#855980]
+ vulnerabilities fixed :
- The SIP dissector could go into an infinite loop.
- The BSSGP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-67 CVE-2013-7113
- The NTLMSSP v2 dissector could crash. Discovered by Garming Sam. wnpa-sec-2013-68 CVE-2013-7114
+ Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.