openSUSE Security Update : MozillaFirefox (openSUSE-SU-2014:0599-1)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 75346
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis is a MozillaFirefox update to version 29.0 :
- MFSA 2014-34/CVE-2014-1518/CVE-2014-1519 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- MFSA 2014-36/CVE-2014-1522 (bmo#995289) Web Audio memory corruption issues
- MFSA 2014-37/CVE-2014-1523 (bmo#969226) Out of bounds read while decoding JPG images
- MFSA 2014-38/CVE-2014-1524 (bmo#989183) Buffer overflow when using non-XBL object as XBL
- MFSA 2014-39/CVE-2014-1525 (bmo#989210) Use-after-free in the Text Track Manager for HTML video
- MFSA 2014-41/CVE-2014-1528 (bmo#963962) Out-of-bounds write in Cairo
- MFSA 2014-42/CVE-2014-1529 (bmo#987003) Privilege escalation through Web Notification API
- MFSA 2014-43/CVE-2014-1530 (bmo#895557) Cross-site scripting (XSS) using history navigations
- MFSA 2014-44/CVE-2014-1531 (bmo#987140) Use-after-free in imgLoader while resizing images
- MFSA 2014-45/CVE-2014-1492 (bmo#903885) Incorrect IDNA domain name matching for wildcard certificates (fixed by NSS 3.16)
- MFSA 2014-46/CVE-2014-1532 (bmo#966006) Use-after-free in nsHostResolver
- rebased patches
- removed obsolete patches
- requires NSS 3.16
- added mozilla-icu-strncat.patch to fix post build checks
- add mozilla-aarch64-599882cfb998.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-810631.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-962488.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-963030.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-963027.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-963028.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-963029.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-963023.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-963024.patch, mozilla-aarch64-bmo-963031.patch: AArch64 porting
- Add patch for bmo#973977
- Refresh mozilla-ppc64le-xpcom.patch patch
- Adapt mozilla-ppc64le-xpcom.patch to Mozilla > 24.0 build system
This is also a mozilla-nss update to version 3.16 :
- required for Firefox 29
- bmo#903885 - (CVE-2014-1492) In a wildcard certificate, the wildcard character should not be embedded within the U-label of an internationalized domain name. See the last bullet point in RFC 6125, Section 7.2.
- Supports the Linux x32 ABI. To build for the Linux x32 target, set the environment variable USE_X32=1 when building NSS. New Functions :
- NSS_CMSSignerInfo_Verify New Macros
- TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, etc., cipher suites that were first defined in SSL 3.0 can now be referred to with their official IANA names in TLS, with the TLS_ prefix. Previously, they had to be referred to with their names in SSL 3.0, with the SSL_ prefix. Notable Changes :
- ECC is enabled by default. It is no longer necessary to set the environment variable NSS_ENABLE_ECC=1 when building NSS. To disable ECC, set the environment variable NSS_DISABLE_ECC=1 when building NSS.
- libpkix should not include the common name of CA as DNS names when evaluating name constraints.
- AESKeyWrap_Decrypt should not return SECSuccess for invalid keys.
- Fix a memory corruption in sec_pkcs12_new_asafe.
- If the NSS_SDB_USE_CACHE environment variable is set, skip the runtime test sdb_measureAccess.
- The built-in roots module has been updated to version 1.97, which adds, removes, and distrusts several certificates.
- The atob utility has been improved to automatically ignore lines of text that aren't in base64 format.
- The certutil utility has been improved to support creation of version 1 and version 2 certificates, in addition to the existing version 3 support.
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox packages.