SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox was updated to version 28.0, receiving enhancements, bug and security fixes. Mozilla NSPR was updated to 4.10.4 receiving enhancements, bug and security fixes. Mozilla NSS was updated to 3.15.5 receiving enhancements, bug and security fixes.
Changes in MozillaFirefox :
- update to Firefox 28.0 (bnc#868603)
- MFSA 2014-15/CVE-2014-1493/CVE-2014-1494 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- MFSA 2014-17/CVE-2014-1497 (bmo#966311) Out of bounds read during WAV file decoding
- MFSA 2014-18/CVE-2014-1498 (bmo#935618) crypto.generateCRMFRequest does not validate type of key
- MFSA 2014-19/CVE-2014-1499 (bmo#961512) Spoofing attack on WebRTC permission prompt
- MFSA 2014-22/CVE-2014-1502 (bmo#972622) WebGL content injection from one domain to rendering in another
- MFSA 2014-23/CVE-2014-1504 (bmo#911547) Content Security Policy for data: documents not preserved by session restore
- MFSA 2014-26/CVE-2014-1508 (bmo#963198) Information disclosure through polygon rendering in MathML
- MFSA 2014-27/CVE-2014-1509 (bmo#966021) Memory corruption in Cairo during PDF font rendering
- MFSA 2014-28/CVE-2014-1505 (bmo#941887) SVG filters information disclosure through feDisplacementMap
- MFSA 2014-29/CVE-2014-1510/CVE-2014-1511 (bmo#982906, bmo#982909) Privilege escalation using WebIDL-implemented APIs
- MFSA 2014-30/CVE-2014-1512 (bmo#982957) Use-after-free in TypeObject
- MFSA 2014-31/CVE-2014-1513 (bmo#982974) Out-of-bounds read/write through neutering ArrayBuffer objects
- MFSA 2014-32/CVE-2014-1514 (bmo#983344) Out-of-bounds write through TypedArrayObject after neutering
- requires NSPR 4.10.3 and NSS 3.15.5
- new build dependency (and recommends) :
- JS math correctness issue (bmo#941381)
Changes in mozilla-nspr :
- update to version 4.10.4
- bmo#767759: Add support for new x32 abi
- bmo#844784: Thread data race in PR_EnterMonitor
- bmo#939786: data race nsprpub/pr/src/pthreads/ptthread.c:137 _pt_root
- bmo#958796: Users of _beginthreadex that set a custom stack size may not be getting the behavior they want
- bmo#963033: AArch64 support update for NSPR
- bmo#969061:	Incorrect end-of-list test when iterating over a PRCList in prcountr.c and prtrace.c
- bmo#971152: IPv6 detection on linux depends on availability of /proc/net/if_inet6
- update to version 4.10.3
- bmo#749849: ensure we'll free the thread-specific data key.
- bmo#941461: don't compile android with unaligned memory access.
- bmo#932398: Add PR_SyncMemMap, a portable version of msync/FlushViewOfFile.
- bmo#952621: Fix a thread-unsafe access to lock->owner in PR_Lock.
- bmo#957458: Fix several bugs in the lock rank checking code.
- bmo#936320: Use an alternative test for IPv6 support on Linux to avoid opening a socket.
Changes in mozilla-nss :
- update to 3.15.5
- required for Firefox 28
- export FREEBL_LOWHASH to get the correct default headers (bnc#865539) New functionality
- Added support for the TLS application layer protocol negotiation (ALPN) extension. Two SSL socket options, SSL_ENABLE_NPN and SSL_ENABLE_ALPN, can be used to control whether NPN or ALPN (or both) should be used for application layer protocol negotiation.
- Added the TLS padding extension. The extension type value is 35655, which may change when an official extension type value is assigned by IANA. NSS automatically adds the padding extension to ClientHello when necessary.
- Added a new macro CERT_LIST_TAIL, defined in certt.h, for getting the tail of a CERTCertList. Notable Changes
- bmo#950129: Improve the OCSP fetching policy when verifying OCSP responses
- bmo#949060: Validate the iov input argument (an array of PRIOVec structures) of ssl_WriteV (called via PR_Writev). Applications should still take care when converting struct iov to PRIOVec because the iov_len members of the two structures have different types (size_t vs. int). size_t is unsigned and may be larger than int.
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox packages.