openSUSE Security Update : xtrabackup (openSUSE-SU-2014:0245-1)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 75259
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update fixes the following security and non-security issues with xtrabackup :
- update to 2.1.7 [bnc#860488]
- general changes :
- rebased on MySQL versions 5.5.35 and 5.6.15
- now uses libgcrypt randomization functions for setting the IV [lp#1255300] [bnc#852224] CVE-2013-6394
- bugs fixed :
- After being rebased on MySQL 5.6.11 Percona XtraBackup has been affected by the upstream bug #69780 (backward compatibility for InnoDB recovery) [lp#1203669]
- Backup directory would need to be specified even for running the innobackupex with --help and --version options. [lp#1223716]
- bugs fixed specific to MySQL 5.6 :
- xtrabackpu did not roll back prepared XA transactions when applying the log. [lp#1254227]
SolutionUpdate the affected xtrabackup packages.