openSUSE Security Update : firefox / seamonkey / thunderbird (openSUSE-SU-2014:0212-1)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 75253
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox was updated to version 27. Mozilla SeaMonkey was updated to 2.24, fixing similar issues as Firefox 27. Mozilla Thunderbird was updated to 24.3.0, fixing similar issues as Firefox 27.
The Firefox 27 release brings TLS 1.2 support as a major security feature.
It also fixes following security issues :
- MFSA 2014-01/CVE-2014-1477/CVE-2014-1478 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:27.0 / rv:24.3)
- MFSA 2014-02/CVE-2014-1479 (bmo#911864) Clone protected content with XBL scopes
- MFSA 2014-03/CVE-2014-1480 (bmo#916726) UI selection timeout missing on download prompts
- MFSA 2014-04/CVE-2014-1482 (bmo#943803) Incorrect use of discarded images by RasterImage
- MFSA 2014-05/CVE-2014-1483 (bmo#950427) Information disclosure with *FromPoint on iframes
- MFSA 2014-06/CVE-2014-1484 (bmo#953993) Profile path leaks to Android system log
- MFSA 2014-07/CVE-2014-1485 (bmo#910139) XSLT stylesheets treated as styles in Content Security Policy
- MFSA 2014-08/CVE-2014-1486 (bmo#942164) Use-after-free with imgRequestProxy and image proccessing
- MFSA 2014-09/CVE-2014-1487 (bmo#947592) Cross-origin information leak through web workers
- MFSA 2014-10/CVE-2014-1489 (bmo#959531) Firefox default start page UI content invokable by script
- MFSA 2014-11/CVE-2014-1488 (bmo#950604) Crash when using web workers with asm.js
- MFSA 2014-12/CVE-2014-1490/CVE-2014-1491 (bmo#934545, bmo#930874, bmo#930857) NSS ticket handling issues
Mozilla NSS was updated to 3.15.4 :
- required for Firefox 27
- regular CA root store update (1.96)
- Reordered the cipher suites offered in SSL/TLS client hello messages to match modern best practices.
- Improved SSL/TLS false start. In addition to enabling the SSL_ENABLE_FALSE_START option, an application must now register a callback using the SSL_SetCanFalseStartCallback function.
- When false start is enabled, libssl will sometimes return unencrypted, unauthenticated data from PR_Recv (CVE-2013-1740, bmo#919877)
- MFSA 2014-12/CVE-2014-1490/CVE-2014-1491 NSS ticket handling issues New functionality
- Implemented OCSP querying using the HTTP GET method, which is the new default, and will fall back to the HTTP POST method.
- Implemented OCSP server functionality for testing purposes (httpserv utility).
- Support SHA-1 signatures with TLS 1.2 client authentication.
- Added the --empty-password command-line option to certutil, to be used with -N: use an empty password when creating a new database.
- Added the -w command-line option to pp: don't wrap long output lines.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox / seamonkey / thunderbird packages.