SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update of wireshark includes several security and bug fixes.
- update to 1.8.8 [bnc#823932]
+ vulnerabilities fixed :
- The CAPWAP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-32
- The GMR-1 BCCH dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-33
- The PPP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-34
- The NBAP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-35
- The RDP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-36
- The GSM CBCH dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-37
- The Assa Abloy R3 dissector could consume excessive memory and CPU. wnpa-sec-2013-38
- The HTTP dissector could overrun the stack.
- The Ixia IxVeriWave file parser could overflow the heap.
- The DCP ETSI dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-41
+ Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
wnpa-sec-2013-24 CVE-2013-3555 wnpa-sec-2013-25 CVE-2013-3556 CVE-2013-3557 wnpa-sec-2013-26 CVE-2013-3558 wnpa-sec-2013-27 CVE-2013-3559 wnpa-sec-2013-28 CVE-2013-3560 wnpa-sec-2013-29 CVE-2013-3561 CVE-2013-3562 wnpa-sec-2013-30 CVE-2013-3561 wnpa-sec-2013-31 CVE-2013-3561
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.