New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update of wireshark includes several security and bug fixes.
- update to 1.8.8 [bnc#823932]
+ vulnerabilities fixed :
- The CAPWAP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-32
- The GMR-1 BCCH dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-33
- The PPP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-34
- The NBAP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-35
- The RDP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-36
- The GSM CBCH dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-37
- The Assa Abloy R3 dissector could consume excessive memory and CPU. wnpa-sec-2013-38
- The HTTP dissector could overrun the stack.
- The Ixia IxVeriWave file parser could overflow the heap.
- The DCP ETSI dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2013-41
+ Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
wnpa-sec-2013-24 CVE-2013-3555 wnpa-sec-2013-25 CVE-2013-3556 CVE-2013-3557 wnpa-sec-2013-26 CVE-2013-3558 wnpa-sec-2013-27 CVE-2013-3559 wnpa-sec-2013-28 CVE-2013-3560 wnpa-sec-2013-29 CVE-2013-3561 CVE-2013-3562 wnpa-sec-2013-30 CVE-2013-3561 wnpa-sec-2013-31 CVE-2013-3561
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.