openSUSE Security Update : openconnect (openSUSE-SU-2013:1072-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 75056
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis openconnect update to version 3.20 includes several security and bug fixes.
- fix bnc#767616
- fix for CVE-2012-3291
- make vpnc mandatory during build, following upstream changes
- package documentation in a -doc package
- Update to version 3.20
- Cope with non-keepalive HTTP response on authentication success.
- Fix progress callback with incorrect cbdata which caused KDE crash.
- Update to version 3.19
- Enable native TPM support when built with GnuTLS.
- Enable PKCS#11 token support when built with GnuTLS.
- Eliminate all SSL library exposure through libopenconnect.
- Parse split DNS information, provide $CISCO_SPLIT_DNS environment variable to vpnc-script.
- Attempt to provide new-style MTU information to server (on Linux only, unless specified on command line).
- Allow building against GnuTLS, including DTLS support.
- Add --with-pkgconfigdir= option to configure for FreeBSD's benefit (fd#48743).
- Update to version 3.18
- Fix autohate breakage with --disable-nls... hopefully.
- Fix buffer overflow in banner handling.
- Update to version 3.17
- Work around time() brokenness on Solaris.
- Fix interface plumbing on Solaris 10.
- Provide asprintf() function for (unpatched) Solaris 10.
- Make vpnc-script mandatory, like it is for vpnc
- Don't set Legacy IP address on tun device; let vpnc-script do it.
- Detect OpenSSL even without pkg-config.
- Stop building static library by default.
- Invoke vpnc-script with 'pre-init' reason to load tun module if necessary.
- Update to version 3.16
- Fix build failure on Debian/kFreeBSD and Hurd.
- Fix memory leak of deflated packets.
- Fix memory leak of zlib state on CSTP reconnect.
- Eliminate memcpy() calls on packets from DTLS and tunnel device.
- Use I_LINK instead of I_PLINK on Solaris to plumb interface for Legacy IP.
- Plumb interface for IPv6 on Solaris, instead of expecting vpnc-script to do it.
- Refer to vpnc-script and help web pages in openconnect output.
- Fix potential crash when processing libproxy results.
- Be more conservative in detecting libproxy without pkg-config.
SolutionUpdate the affected openconnect packages.