openSUSE Security Update : nfs-utils (openSUSE-SU-2013:1016-1)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 75034
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update of nfs-utils includes several bug and security fixes.
- gssd-reverse-dns-fix: Allow DNS lookups to be avoided when determining kerberos identity of server. The GSSD_OPTIONS sysconfig variable is added so that use of DNS can be enforced for sites that need it. (bnc#813464 CVE-2013-1923)
- gssd-n.fix: linux-3.7 changed behaviour of gssd lookups so that 'gssd -n' isn't sufficient to stop the use of 'machine credentials'. This patch add '-N' which stops the new use as well. Also add GSSD_OPTIONS to sysconfig so these flags can be set more easily. (bnc#817651)
- mountd-fix-exporting-of-with-sec-setting.patch Fix bug when exporting root filesystem with gss security.
- mountd-fix-error-check.patch: check for errors with exporting filesystems correctly (bnc#809226)
- nfsserver.init: make sure warning about bind= being deprecated goes to terminal and not into /run/nfs/bind.mounts (bnc#809226)
SolutionUpdate the affected nfs-utils packages.