openSUSE Security Update : pidgin (openSUSE-SU-2013:0511-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 74934
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionPidgin was updated to 2.10.7 to fix various security issues and the bug that IRC did not work at all in 12.3.
- Add pidgin-irc-sasl.patch: link irc module to SASL.
Allows the IRC module to be loaded (bnc#806975).
- Update to version 2.10.7 (bnc#804742) :
+ Alien hatchery :
- No changes
+ General :
- The configure script will now exit with status 1 when specifying invalid protocol plugins using the
--with-static-prpls and --with-dynamic-prpls arguments.
+ libpurple :
- Fix a crash when receiving UPnP responses with abnormally long values. (CVE-2013-0274)
- Don't link directly to libgcrypt when building with GnuTLS support. (pidgin.im#15329)
- Fix UPnP mappings on routers that return empty <URLBase/> elements in their response. (pidgin.im#15373)
- Tcl plugin uses saner, race-free plugin loading.
- Fix the Tcl signals-test plugin for savedstatus-changed.
+ Pidgin :
- Make Pidgin more friendly to non-X11 GTK+, such as MacPorts' +no_x11 variant.
+ Gadu-Gadu :
- Fix a crash at startup with large contact list. Avatar support for buddies will be disabled until 3.0.0.
+ IRC :
- Support for SASL authentication. (pidgin.im#13270)
- Print topic setter information at channel join.
+ MSN :
- Fix SSL certificate issue when signing into MSN for some users.
- Fix a crash when removing a user before its icon is loaded. (pidgin.im#15217)
+ MXit :
- Fix a bug where a remote MXit user could possibly specify a local file path to be written to.
- Fix a bug where the MXit server or a man-in-the-middle could potentially send specially crafted data that could overflow a buffer and lead to a crash or remote code execution. (CVE-2013-0272)
- Display farewell messages in a different colour to distinguish them from normal messages.
- Add support for typing notification.
- Add support for the Relationship Status profile attribute.
- Remove all reference to Hidden Number.
- Ignore new invites to join a GroupChat if you're already joined, or still have a pending invite.
- The buddy's name was not centered vertically in the buddy-list if they did not have a status-message or mood set.
- Fix decoding of font-size changes in the markup of received messages.
- Increase the maximum file size that can be transferred to 1 MB.
- When setting an avatar image, no longer downscale it to 96x96.
+ Sametime :
- Fix a crash in Sametime when a malicious server sends us an abnormally long user ID. (CVE-2013-0273)
+ Yahoo! :
- Fix a double-free in profile/picture loading code.
- Fix retrieving server-side buddy aliases.
+ Plugins :
- The Voice/Video Settings plugin supports using the sndio GStreamer backends. (pidgin.im#14414)
- Fix a crash in the Contact Availability Detection plugin. (pidgin.im#15327)
- Make the Message Notification plugin more friendly to non-X11 GTK+, such as MacPorts' +no_x11 variant.
+ Windows-Specific Changes :
- Compile with secure flags (pidgin.im#15290)
- Installer downloads GTK+ Runtime and Debug Symbols more securely. (pidgin.im#15277)
- Updates to a number of dependencies, some of which have security related fixes. (pidgin.im#14571, pidgin.im#15285, pidgin.im#15286) . ATK 1.32.0-2 . Cyrus SASL 2.1.25 . expat 2.1.0-1 . freetype 2.4.10-1 .
gettext 0.18.1.1-2 . Glib 2.28.8-1 . libpng 1.4.12-1 .
libxml2 2.9.0-1 . NSS 3.13.6 and NSPR 4.9.2 . Pango 1.29.4-1 . SILC 1.1.10 . zlib 1.2.5-2
- Patch libmeanwhile (sametime library) to fix crash.
SolutionUpdate the affected pidgin packages.