New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe Mozilla January 8th 2013 security release contains updates :
Mozilla Firefox was updated to version 18.0. Mozilla SeaMonkey was updated to version 2.15. Mozilla Thunderbird was updated to version 17.0.2. Mozilla XULRunner was updated to version 17.0.2.
- MFSA 2013-01/CVE-2013-0749/CVE-2013-0769/CVE-2013-0770 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- MFSA 2013-02/CVE-2013-0760/CVE-2013-0762/CVE-2013-0766/CVE-20 13-0767 CVE-2013-0761/CVE-2013-0763/CVE-2013-0771/CVE-2012-5829 Use-after-free and buffer overflow issues found using Address Sanitizer
- MFSA 2013-03/CVE-2013-0768 (bmo#815795) Buffer Overflow in Canvas
- MFSA 2013-04/CVE-2012-0759 (bmo#802026) URL spoofing in addressbar during page loads
- MFSA 2013-05/CVE-2013-0744 (bmo#814713) Use-after-free when displaying table with many columns and column groups
- MFSA 2013-06/CVE-2013-0751 (bmo#790454) Touch events are shared across iframes
- MFSA 2013-07/CVE-2013-0764 (bmo#804237) Crash due to handling of SSL on threads
- MFSA 2013-08/CVE-2013-0745 (bmo#794158) AutoWrapperChanger fails to keep objects alive during garbage collection
- MFSA 2013-09/CVE-2013-0746 (bmo#816842) Compartment mismatch with quickstubs returned values
- MFSA 2013-10/CVE-2013-0747 (bmo#733305) Event manipulation in plugin handler to bypass same-origin policy
- MFSA 2013-11/CVE-2013-0748 (bmo#806031) Address space layout leaked in XBL objects
- MFSA 2013-13/CVE-2013-0752 (bmo#805024) Memory corruption in XBL with XML bindings containing SVG
- MFSA 2013-14/CVE-2013-0757 (bmo#813901) Chrome Object Wrapper (COW) bypass through changing prototype
- MFSA 2013-15/CVE-2013-0758 (bmo#813906) Privilege escalation through plugin objects
- MFSA 2013-16/CVE-2013-0753 (bmo#814001) Use-after-free in serializeToStream
- MFSA 2013-17/CVE-2013-0754 (bmo#814026) Use-after-free in ListenerManager
- MFSA 2013-18/CVE-2013-0755 (bmo#814027) Use-after-free in Vibrate
Mozilla NSPR was updated to 4.9.4, containing some small bugfixes and new features.
Mozilla NSS was updated to 3.14.1 containing various new features, security fix and bugfixes :
- MFSA 2013-20/CVE-2013-0743 (bmo#825022, bnc#796628) revoke mis-issued intermediate certificates from TURKTRUST
Cryptographic changes done :
- Support for TLS 1.1 (RFC 4346)
- Experimental support for DTLS 1.0 (RFC 4347) and DTLS-SRTP (RFC 5764)
- Support for AES-CTR, AES-CTS, and AES-GCM
- Support for Keying Material Exporters for TLS (RFC 5705)
- Support for certificate signatures using the MD5 hash algorithm is now disabled by default
- The NSS license has changed to MPL 2.0. Previous releases were released under a MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1 tri-license. For more information about MPL 2.0, please see http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/FAQ.html. For an additional explanation on GPL/LGPL compatibility, see security/nss/COPYING in the source code.
- Export and DES cipher suites are disabled by default.
Non-ECC AES and Triple DES cipher suites are enabled by default
Please see http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/ for more information.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox / seamonkey / thunderbird packages.