openSUSE Security Update : ruby19 (openSUSE-SU-2013:0376-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 74909
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Descriptionruby19 was updated to fix various bugs and security issues: Update to 1.9.3 p385 (bnc#802406)
- XSS exploit of RDoc documentation generated by rdoc (CVE-2013-0256)
- for other changes see /usr/share/doc/packages/ruby19/Changelog
Update to 1.9.3 p327 (bnc#789983)
- CVE-2012-5371 and plenty of other fixes
Update to 1.9.3 p286 (bnc#783511, bnc#791199)
- This release includes some security fixes, and many other bug fixes. $SAFE escaping vulnerability about Exception#to_s / NameError#to_s (CVE-2012-4464, CVE-2012-4466)
- Unintentional file creation caused by inserting an illegal NUL character many other bug fixes.
(CVE-2012-4522) Also following bugfixes and packaging fixes were done :
- make sure the rdoc output is more stable for build-compare (new patch ruby-sort-rdoc-output.patch)
- readd the private header *atomic.h
- remove build depencency on ca certificates - only causing cycles
- one more header needed for rubygem-ruby-debug-base19
- install vm_core.h and its dependencies as ruby-devel-extra
- move the provides to the ruby package instead
- add provides for the internal gems
- restore the old ruby macros and the gem wrapper script
- gem_install_wrapper no longer necessary
SolutionUpdate the affected ruby19 packages.