openSUSE Security Update : virtualbox (openSUSE-SU-2012:1323-1)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 74774
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionVirtualBox was updated to 4.1.22 stable release, bringing lots of security and also bugfixes.
The 4.1.22 release is brought to all openSUSE distributions to align their versions.
changes in virtualbox 4.1.22 (maintenance release)
- VMM: fixed a potential host crash triggered by shutting down a VM when another VM was running
- VMM: fixed a potential host crash under a high guest memory pressure (seen with Windows 8 guests)
- VMM: respect RAM preallocation while restoring saved state.
- VMM: fixed handling of task gates if VT-x/AMD-V is disabled
- Storage: fixed audio CD passthrough for certain media players
- USB: don't crash if a USB device is plugged or unplugged when saving or loading the VM state (SMP guests only)
- RTC: fixed a potential corruption of CMOS bank 1
- Mac OS X hosts: installer fixes for Leopard (4.1.20 regression)
- Windows Additions: fixed memory leak in VBoxTray (bug #10808)
- changes in virtualbox 4.1.20 (maintenance release)
- VMM: fixed a crash under rare circumstances for VMs running without hardware virtualization
- VMM: fixed a code analysis bug for certain displacement instructions for VMs running without hardware virtualization
- VMM: fixed an interpretion bug for TPR read instructions under rare conditions (AMD-V only)
- Snapshots: fixed a crash when restoring an old snapshot when powering off a VM (bugs #9604, #10491)
- VBoxSVC: be more tolerant against environment variables with strange encodings (bug #8780)
- VGA: fixed wrong access check which might cause a crash under certain conditions
- NAT: final fix for crashes under rare conditions (bug #10513)
- Virtio-net: fixed the problem with receiving of GSO packets in Windows XP guests causing packet loss in host-to-VM transfers
- HPET: several fixes (bugs #10170, #10306)
- Clipboard: disable the clipboard by default for new VMs
- BIOS: the PCI BIOS was not properly detected with the chipset type set to ICH9 (bugs #9301, #10327)
- Mac OS X hosts: adaptions to Mountain Lion
- Linux Installer: fixes for Gentoo Linux (bug #10642)
- Linux guests: fixed mouse integration on Fedora 17 guests (bug #2306)
- Linux Additions: compile fixes for RHEL/CentOS 6.3 (bug #10756)
- Linux Additions: compile fixes for Linux 3.5-rc1 and Linux 3.6-rc1 (bug #10709)
- Solaris host: fixed a guru meditation while allocating large pages (bug #10600)
- Solaris host: fixed possible kernel panics while freeing memory
- Solaris Installer: fixed missing icon for menu and desktop shortcuts
SolutionUpdate the affected virtualbox packages.