openSUSE Security Update : wireshark (openSUSE-SU-2012:0558-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 74610
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionChanges in wireshark :
- update to 1.4.12
- fix bnc#754474, bnc#754476, bnc#754477(fixed upstream)
- Security fixes :
- wnpa-sec-2012-04 The ANSI A dissector could dereference a NULL pointer and crash. (Bug 6823)
- wnpa-sec-2012-06 The pcap and pcap-ng file parsers could crash trying to read ERF data. (Bug 6804)
- wnpa-sec-2012-07 The MP2T dissector could try to allocate too much memory and crash. (Bug 6804)
- The Windows installers now include GnuTLS 1.12.18, which fixes several vulnerabilities.
- Bug fixes :
- Some PGM options are not parsed correctly. (Bug 5687)
- dumpcap crashes when capturing from pipe to a pcap-ng file (e.g., when passing data from CACE Pilot to Wireshark). (Bug 5939)
- No error for UDP/IPv6 packet with zero checksum. (Bug 6232)
- packetBB dissector bug: More than 1000000 items in the tree -- possible infinite loop. (Bug 6687)
- Ethernet traces in K12 text format sometimes give bogus 'malformed frame' errors and other problems. (Bug 6735)
- non-IPP packets to or from port 631 are dissected as IPP. (Bug 6765)
- IAX2 dissector reads past end of packet for unknown IEs.
- Pcap-NG files with SHB options longer than 100 bytes aren't recognized as pcap-NG files, and options longer than 100 bytes in other blocks aren't handled either.
- Patch to fix DTLS decryption. (Bug 6847)
- Expression... dialog is crash. (Bug 6891)
- ISAKMP : VendorID CheckPoint : Malformed Packet. (Bug 6972)
- Radiotap dissector lists a bogus 'DBM TX Attenuation' bit. (Bug 7000)
- MySQL dissector assertion. (Ask 8649) Updated Protocol Support HTTP, ISAKMP, MySQL, PacketBB, PGM, TCP, UDP New and Updated Capture File Support Endace ERF, Pcap-NG.
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.