SuSE 11.3 Security Update : clamav (SAT Patch Number 9036)
High Nessus Plugin ID 73129
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 11 host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe antivirus scanner ClamAV has been updated to version 0.98.1, which includes the following fixes :
- Code quality fixes in libclamav, clamd, sigtool, clamav-milter, clamconf, and clamdtop.
- Code quality fixes in libclamav, libclamunrar and freshclam.
- bb #8385: a PDF ASCII85Decode zero-length fix.
- bb #7436: elf64 header early exit.
- libclamav: SCAN_ALL mode fixes.
- iso9660: iso_scan_file rewrite. Version 0.98.1 also implements support for new file types, and quality improvements, including Extraction, decompression, and scanning of files within the Extensible Archive (XAR)/Apple Disk Image (DMG) format, support for decompression and scanning of files in the 'Xz' compression format.
Additionally, improvements and fixes were done to extraction and scanning of OLE formats. An option to force all scanned data to disk was added. Various improvements to ClamAV configuration, support of third-party libraries, and unit tests were done.
SolutionApply SAT patch number 9036.