New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.2
SynopsisThe remote VMware ESXi 5.1 host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote VMware ESXi 5.1 host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the bundled OpenSSL library that is triggered when handling OCSP response verification. A remote attacker can exploit this to crash the program. (CVE-2013-0166)
- An error exists related to the SSL/TLS/DTLS protocols, CBC mode encryption and response time. An attacker can obtain plaintext contents of encrypted traffic via timing attacks. (CVE-2013-0169)
- An error exists in the libxml2 library related to the expansion of XML internal entities that could allow denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-0338)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the handling of Network File Copy (NFC) traffic. An attacker can exploit this by intercepting and modifying NFC traffic, to cause a denial of service condition. (CVE-2014-1207)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the handling of invalid ports that could allow a guest user to crash the VMX process. (CVE-2014-1208)
SolutionApply patch ESXi510-201401101-SG.