New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote database server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version, the installation of IBM DB2 9.7 running on the remote host is prior to Fix Pack 9. It is, therefore, affected by one or more of the following vulnerabilities :
- The included software, GSKit, contains several errors related to SSL and TLS that can result in denial of service, information disclosures, or unauthorized insertion of an arbitrary root Certification Authority certificate. (CVE-2012-2190, CVE-2012-2191, CVE-2012-2203, CVE-2013-0169 / IC90395)
- A stack-based buffer overflow exists related to 'db2aud' and 'db2flacc' that allows a local attacker to elevate privileges to that of an instance owner. The 'db2aud' issue does not affect installs on the Windows operating system. (CVE-2013-3475 / IC92495)
- An unspecified error exists that allows an attacker to gain SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE permissions to database tables. Note that successful exploitation requires the rights EXPLAIN, SQLADM, or DBADM.
(CVE-2013-4033 / IC94523)
- An error exists related to the XSLT parser that allows a NULL pointer to be dereferenced. (CVE-2013-5466 / IC97470)
- An error exists related to queries containing OLAP specifications that allows remote, authenticated attackers to close database connections and deactivate the database. (CVE-2013-6717 / IC95641)
SolutionApply IBM DB2 version 9.7 Fix Pack 9 or later.