New! Plugin Severity Now Using CVSS v3
The calculated severity for Plugins has been updated to use CVSS v3 by default. Plugins that do not have a CVSS v3 score will fall back to CVSS v2 for calculating severity. Severity display preferences can be toggled in the settings dropdown.
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 11 host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 2 kernel was updated to version 3.0.101 and also includes various other bug and security fixes.
The following features have been added :
- Drivers: hv: Support handling multiple VMBUS versions (FATE#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Save and export negotiated vmbus version (FATE#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Move vmbus version definitions to hyperv.h (FATE#314665). The following security issue has been fixed :
- The sctp_sf_do_5_2_4_dupcook function in net/sctp/sm_statefuns.c in the SCTP implementation in the Linux kernel did not properly handle associations during the processing of a duplicate COOKIE ECHO chunk, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted SCTP traffic. (bnc#826102). (CVE-2013-2206)
The following non-security bugs have been fixed :
- kernel: sclp console hangs (bnc#841498, LTC#95711).
- intel-iommu: Fix leaks in pagetable freeing.
- iommu/vt-d: add quirk for broken interrupt remapping on 55XX chipsets. (bnc#844513)
- x86/iommu/vt-d: Expand interrupt remapping quirk to cover x58 chipset. (bnc#844513)
- iommu/vt-d: Only warn about broken interrupt remapping.
- iommu: Remove stack trace from broken irq remapping warning. (bnc#844513)
- softirq: reduce latencies. (bnc#797526)
- Fix lockup related to stop_machine being stuck in
- splice: fix racy pipe->buffers uses. (bnc#827246)
- blktrace: fix race with open trace files and directory removal. (bnc#832292)
- mm: Do not walk all of system memory during show_mem (Reduce tasklist_lock hold times (bnc#821259)).
- mm: Bounce memory pool initialisation. (bnc#836347)
- mm, memcg: introduce own oom handler to iterate only over its own threads.
- mm, memcg: move all oom handling to memcontrol.c.
- mm, oom: avoid looping when chosen thread detaches its mm.
- mm, oom: fold oom_kill_task() into oom_kill_process().
- mm, oom: introduce helper function to process threads during scan.
- mm, oom: reduce dependency on tasklist_lock.
- ipv6: do not call fib6_run_gc() until routing is ready.
- ipv6: prevent fib6_run_gc() contention. (bnc#797526)
- ipv6: update ip6_rt_last_gc every time GC is run.
- net/mlx4_en: Fix BlueFlame race. (bnc#835684)
- netfilter: nf_conntrack: use RCU safe kfree for conntrack extensions (bnc#827416 bko#60853).
- netfilter: prevent race condition breaking net reference counting. (bnc#835094)
- net: remove skb_orphan_try(). (bnc#834600)
- bonding: check bond->vlgrp in bond_vlan_rx_kill_vid().
- sctp: deal with multiple COOKIE_ECHO chunks.
- SUNRPC: close a rare race in xs_tcp_setup_socket.
- NFS: make nfs_flush_incompatible more generous.
- NFS: do not try to use lock state when we hold a delegation. (bnc#831029)
- nfs_lookup_revalidate(): fix a leak. (bnc#828894)
- xfs: growfs: use uncached buffers for new headers.
- xfs: Check the return value of xfs_buf_get().
- xfs: avoid double-free in xfs_attr_node_addname.
- do_add_mount()/umount -l races. (bnc#836801)
- cifs: Fix TRANS2_QUERY_FILE_INFO ByteCount fields.
- cifs: Fix EREMOTE errors encountered on DFS links.
- reiserfs: fix race with flush_used_journal_lists and flush_journal_list. (bnc#837803)
- reiserfs: remove useless flush_old_journal_lists.
- fs: writeback: Do not sync data dirtied after sync start. (bnc#833820)
- rcu: Do not trigger false positive RCU stall detection.
- lib/radix-tree.c: make radix_tree_node_alloc() work correctly within interrupt. (bnc#763463)
- bnx2x: Change to D3hot only on removal. (bnc#838448)
- vmxnet3: prevent div-by-zero panic when ring resizing uninitialized dev. (bnc#833321)
- Drivers: hv: Support handling multiple VMBUS versions (fate#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Save and export negotiated vmbus version (fate#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Move vmbus version definitions to hyperv.h (fate#314665).
- Drivers: hv: util: Fix a bug in version negotiation code for util services. (bnc#828714)
- Drivers: hv: util: Correctly support ws2008R2 and earlier. (bnc#838346)
- Drivers: hv: util: Fix a bug in util version negotiation code. (bnc#838346)
- iscsi: do not hang in endless loop if no targets present. (bnc#841094)
- ata: Set proper SK when CK_COND is set. (bnc#833588)
- md: Throttle number of pending write requests in md/raid10. (bnc#833858)
- dm: ignore merge_bvec for snapshots when safe.
- elousb: some systems cannot stomach work around.
- bio-integrity: track owner of integrity payload.
- quirks: add touchscreen that is dazzeled by remote wakeup. (bnc#835930)
- Fixed Xen guest freezes. (bnc#829682, bnc#842063)
- config/debug: Enable FSCACHE_DEBUG and CACHEFILES_DEBUG.
- series.conf: disable XHCI ring expansion patches because on machines with large memory they cause a starvation problem. (bnc#833635)
- rpm/old-flavors, rpm/mkspec: Add version information to obsolete flavors. (bnc#821465)
- rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Move the xenpae obsolete to the old-flavors file.
- rpm/old-flavors: Convert the old-packages.conf file to a flat list.
- rpm/old-packages.conf: Drop bogus obsoletes for 'smp'.
- rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Make sure that all KMP obsoletes are versioned. (bnc#821465)
- rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Remove unversioned provides/obsoletes for packages that were only seen in openSUSE releases up to 11.0. . (bnc#821465)
SolutionApply SAT patch number 8509 / 8516 / 8518 as appropriate.