SynopsisThe remote SuSE 11 host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 2 kernel was updated to version 3.0.101 and also includes various other bug and security fixes.
The following features have been added :
- Drivers: hv: Support handling multiple VMBUS versions (FATE#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Save and export negotiated vmbus version (FATE#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Move vmbus version definitions to hyperv.h (FATE#314665). The following security issue has been fixed :
- The sctp_sf_do_5_2_4_dupcook function in net/sctp/sm_statefuns.c in the SCTP implementation in the Linux kernel did not properly handle associations during the processing of a duplicate COOKIE ECHO chunk, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted SCTP traffic. (bnc#826102). (CVE-2013-2206)
The following non-security bugs have been fixed :
- kernel: sclp console hangs (bnc#841498, LTC#95711).
- intel-iommu: Fix leaks in pagetable freeing.
- iommu/vt-d: add quirk for broken interrupt remapping on 55XX chipsets. (bnc#844513)
- x86/iommu/vt-d: Expand interrupt remapping quirk to cover x58 chipset. (bnc#844513)
- iommu/vt-d: Only warn about broken interrupt remapping.
- iommu: Remove stack trace from broken irq remapping warning. (bnc#844513)
- softirq: reduce latencies. (bnc#797526)
- Fix lockup related to stop_machine being stuck in
- splice: fix racy pipe->buffers uses. (bnc#827246)
- blktrace: fix race with open trace files and directory removal. (bnc#832292)
- mm: Do not walk all of system memory during show_mem (Reduce tasklist_lock hold times (bnc#821259)).
- mm: Bounce memory pool initialisation. (bnc#836347)
- mm, memcg: introduce own oom handler to iterate only over its own threads.
- mm, memcg: move all oom handling to memcontrol.c.
- mm, oom: avoid looping when chosen thread detaches its mm.
- mm, oom: fold oom_kill_task() into oom_kill_process().
- mm, oom: introduce helper function to process threads during scan.
- mm, oom: reduce dependency on tasklist_lock.
- ipv6: do not call fib6_run_gc() until routing is ready.
- ipv6: prevent fib6_run_gc() contention. (bnc#797526)
- ipv6: update ip6_rt_last_gc every time GC is run.
- net/mlx4_en: Fix BlueFlame race. (bnc#835684)
- netfilter: nf_conntrack: use RCU safe kfree for conntrack extensions (bnc#827416 bko#60853).
- netfilter: prevent race condition breaking net reference counting. (bnc#835094)
- net: remove skb_orphan_try(). (bnc#834600)
- bonding: check bond->vlgrp in bond_vlan_rx_kill_vid().
- sctp: deal with multiple COOKIE_ECHO chunks.
- SUNRPC: close a rare race in xs_tcp_setup_socket.
- NFS: make nfs_flush_incompatible more generous.
- NFS: do not try to use lock state when we hold a delegation. (bnc#831029)
- nfs_lookup_revalidate(): fix a leak. (bnc#828894)
- xfs: growfs: use uncached buffers for new headers.
- xfs: Check the return value of xfs_buf_get().
- xfs: avoid double-free in xfs_attr_node_addname.
- do_add_mount()/umount -l races. (bnc#836801)
- cifs: Fix TRANS2_QUERY_FILE_INFO ByteCount fields.
- cifs: Fix EREMOTE errors encountered on DFS links.
- reiserfs: fix race with flush_used_journal_lists and flush_journal_list. (bnc#837803)
- reiserfs: remove useless flush_old_journal_lists.
- fs: writeback: Do not sync data dirtied after sync start. (bnc#833820)
- rcu: Do not trigger false positive RCU stall detection.
- lib/radix-tree.c: make radix_tree_node_alloc() work correctly within interrupt. (bnc#763463)
- bnx2x: Change to D3hot only on removal. (bnc#838448)
- vmxnet3: prevent div-by-zero panic when ring resizing uninitialized dev. (bnc#833321)
- Drivers: hv: Support handling multiple VMBUS versions (fate#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Save and export negotiated vmbus version (fate#314665).
- Drivers: hv: Move vmbus version definitions to hyperv.h (fate#314665).
- Drivers: hv: util: Fix a bug in version negotiation code for util services. (bnc#828714)
- Drivers: hv: util: Correctly support ws2008R2 and earlier. (bnc#838346)
- Drivers: hv: util: Fix a bug in util version negotiation code. (bnc#838346)
- iscsi: do not hang in endless loop if no targets present. (bnc#841094)
- ata: Set proper SK when CK_COND is set. (bnc#833588)
- md: Throttle number of pending write requests in md/raid10. (bnc#833858)
- dm: ignore merge_bvec for snapshots when safe.
- elousb: some systems cannot stomach work around.
- bio-integrity: track owner of integrity payload.
- quirks: add touchscreen that is dazzeled by remote wakeup. (bnc#835930)
- Fixed Xen guest freezes. (bnc#829682, bnc#842063)
- config/debug: Enable FSCACHE_DEBUG and CACHEFILES_DEBUG.
- series.conf: disable XHCI ring expansion patches because on machines with large memory they cause a starvation problem. (bnc#833635)
- rpm/old-flavors, rpm/mkspec: Add version information to obsolete flavors. (bnc#821465)
- rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Move the xenpae obsolete to the old-flavors file.
- rpm/old-flavors: Convert the old-packages.conf file to a flat list.
- rpm/old-packages.conf: Drop bogus obsoletes for 'smp'.
- rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Make sure that all KMP obsoletes are versioned. (bnc#821465)
- rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Remove unversioned provides/obsoletes for packages that were only seen in openSUSE releases up to 11.0. . (bnc#821465)
SolutionApply SAT patch number 8509 / 8516 / 8518 as appropriate.