ESXi 5.0 < Build 1311175 Multiple Vulnerabilities (remote check)
High Nessus Plugin ID 70879
SynopsisThe remote VMware ESXi 5.0 host is affected by multiple security vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote VMware ESXi 5.0 host is affected by the following security vulnerabilities :
- Multiple errors exist related to OpenSSL that could allow information disclosure or denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-0166, CVE-2013-0169)
- An error exists in the libxml2 library related to the expansion of XML internal entities. An attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2013-0338)
- An unspecified error exists related to 'hostd-vmdb'. An attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service.
- An error exists in the handling of certain Virtual Machine file descriptors. This may allow an unprivileged user with the 'Add Existing Disk' privilege to obtain read and write access to arbitrary files, possibly leading to arbitrary code execution after a host reboot.
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the handling of Network File Copy (NFC) traffic. This issue may lead to a denial of service if an attacker intercepts and modifies the NFC traffic. (CVE-2014-1207)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the handling of invalid ports that could allow a guest user to crash the VMX process. (CVE-2014-1208)
SolutionApply patch ESXi500-201310101-SG, ESXi500-201310201-UG, or ESXi500-Update03.