New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.6
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird is a version prior to 24.0.
It is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist in the browser engine that could allow for denial of service or arbitrary code execution.
- The HTML5 Tree Builder does not properly maintain states, which could result in a denial of service or possible arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1720)
- Multiple use-after-free problems exist, which could result in denial of service attacks or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1722, CVE-2013-1724, CVE-2013-1735, CVE-2013-1736, CVE-2013-1738)
- The NativeKey widget does not properly terminate key messages, possibly leading to a denial of service attack.
- Local users can gain the same privileges as the Mozilla Updater because the application does not ensure exclusive access to the update file. An attacker could exploit this by inserting a malicious file into the update file. (CVE-2013-1726)
- A buffer overflow is possible because of an issue with multi-column layouts. (CVE-2013-1732)
- An object is not properly identified during use of user-defined getter methods on DOM proxies. This could result in access restrictions being bypassed.
- An input validation error exists related to email messages containing HTML and iframes and the action of replying to or forwarding such messages that could allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-6674)
- An input validation error exists related to email messages containing HTML and object or embed elements that could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 24.0 or later.