New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that is potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird is a version prior to 17.0.8 and is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Various errors exist that could allow memory corruption conditions. (CVE-2013-1701, CVE-2013-1702)
- Use-after-free errors exist related to DOM modification when using 'SetBody' and generating a 'Certificate Request Message'. (CVE-2013-1704, CVE-2013-1705)
- Errors exist related to the update service and 'maintenanceservice.exe' that could allow buffer overflows when handling unexpectedly long path values.
- An error exists in the function 'nsCString::CharAt' that could allow application crashes when decoding specially crafted WAV audio files. (CVE-2013-1708)
(CVE-2013-1709, CVE-2013-1711, CVE-2013-1713, CVE-2013-1714)
- An unspecified error exists related to generating 'Certificate Request Message Format' (CRMF) requests that could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
- DLL path loading errors exist related to the update service, full installer and the stub installer that could allow execution of arbitrary code.
- An error exists related to Java applets and 'file:///' URIs that could allow read-only access to arbitrary files. (CVE-2013-1717)
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 17.0.8 or later.