MS12-074: Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2745030)
High Nessus Plugin ID 62906
SynopsisThe version of the .NET Framework installed on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host is running a version of Microsoft .NET Framework that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- The way .NET Framework validates the permissions of certain objects during reflection is flawed and could be exploited by an attacker to gain complete control of an affected system. (CVE-2012-1895)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in .NET due to the improper sanitization of output when a function is called from partially trusted code may allow an attacker to obtain confidential information.
- A flaw exists in the way .NET handles DLL files that can be exploited by an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists in the way the .NET Framework retrieves the default web proxy settings. (CVE-2012-4776)
- A flaw exists in the way .NET validates permissions for objects involved with reflection could be exploited by an attacker to gain complete control of an affected system. (CVE-2012-4777)
SolutionMicrosoft has released a set of patches for the .NET Framework on Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 2008 R2, 8, and 2012.