New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.0
SynopsisThe remote Mandriva Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionMultiple security issues were identified and fixed in OpenJDK (icedtea6) :
- S6631398, CVE-2012-3216: FilePermission improved path checking
- S7093490: adjust package access in rmiregistry
- S7143535, CVE-2012-5068: ScriptEngine corrected permissions
- S7167656, CVE-2012-5077: Multiple Seeders are being created
- S7169884, CVE-2012-5073: LogManager checks do not work correctly for sub-types
- S7169888, CVE-2012-5075: Narrowing resource definitions in JMX RMI connector
- S7172522, CVE-2012-5072: Improve DomainCombiner checking
- S7186286, CVE-2012-5081: TLS implementation to better adhere to RFC
- S7189103, CVE-2012-5069: Executors needs to maintain state
- S7189490: More improvements to DomainCombiner checking
- S7189567, CVE-2012-5085: java net obselete protocol
- S7192975, CVE-2012-5071: Conditional usage check is wrong
- S7195194, CVE-2012-5084: Better data validation for Swing
- S7195917, CVE-2012-5086: XMLDecoder parsing at close-time should be improved
- S7195919, CVE-2012-5979: (sl) ServiceLoader can throw CCE without needing to create instance
- S7198296, CVE-2012-5089: Refactor classloader usage
- S7158800: Improve storage of symbol tables
- S7158801: Improve VM CompileOnly option
- S7158804: Improve config file parsing
- S7176337: Additional changes needed for 7158801 fix
- S7198606, CVE-2012-4416: Improve VM optimization
The updated packages provides icedtea6-1.11.5 which is not vulnerable to these issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.