Fedora 17 : gimp-2.8.2-1.fc17 (2012-12383)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 61703
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAmong other things this update fixes security and stability issues in various image format loaders. Security issues fixed include CVE-2012-3403 and CVE-2012-3481.
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.0 to GIMP 2.8.2 =================================================
- Make tag matching always case-insensitive
- Let the tile-cache-size default to half the physical memory
- Mention that the image was exported in the close warning dialog
- Make sure popup windows appear on top on OSX
- Allow file opening by dropping to the OSX dock
- Fix the visibility logic of the export/overwrite menu items
- Remove all 'Use GEGL' menu items, they only add bugs and zero function
- Improve performance of display filters, especially color management
- Fix the image window title to comply with the save/export spec and use the same image name everywhere, not only in the title
- Fix positioning of pasted/dropped stuff to be more reasonable
- Move gimpdir and thumbnails to proper locations on OSX
- Implement relocation on OSX
- Allow to use $(gimp_installation_dir) in config files
- Fix remembering of JPEG load/save defaults
- Revive the page setup dialog on Windows
Source and build system :
- Add Windows installer infrastructure
- Add infrastructure to build GIMP.app on OSX
- Lots of bug fixes
- List of translation updates
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected gimp package.