New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains an application that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Wireshark is 1.8.x before 1.8.2. This version is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The 'DCP ETSI' dissector and 'pcap-ng' parser can attempt a divide by zero operation leading to an application crash. (CVE-2012-4285, CVE-2012-4286)
- The 'MongoDB', 'XTP', 'AFP', and 'CTDB' dissectors can be caused to large or infinite loops. (CVE-2012-4287, CVE-2012-4288, CVE-2012-4289, CVE-2012-4290)
- The 'CIP' dissector can be caused to exhaust system memory. (CVE-2012-4291)
- The 'STUN' dissector can be caused to crash.
- The 'EtherCAT Mailbox' dissector can be caused to abort. (CVE-2012-4293)
- A buffer overflow exists related to the 'ERF', 'RTPS2' and 'GSM RLC MAC' dissectors. (CVE-2012-4294, CVE-2012-4295, CVE-2012-4296, CVE-2012-4297)
- A file parsing error related to 'Ixia IxVeriWave' processing can allow a buffer overflow. (CVE-2012-4298)
SolutionUpgrade to Wireshark version 1.8.2 or later.