SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis Linux kernel update fixes various security issues and bugs in the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP4 kernel.
The following security issues have been fixed :
- A USB string descriptor overflow in the auerwald USB driver was fixed, which could be used by physically proximate attackers to cause a kernel crash.
- Always check the path in CIFS mounts to avoid interesting filesystem path interaction issues and potential crashes. (CVE-2011-3363)
- A malicious CIFS server could cause a integer overflow on the local machine on directory index operations, in turn causing memory corruption. (CVE-2011-3191)
- The is_gpt_valid function in fs/partitions/efi.c in the Linux kernel did not check the size of an Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) GUID Partition Table (GPT) entry, which allowed physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based buffer overflow and OOPS) or obtain sensitive information from kernel heap memory by connecting a crafted GPT storage device, a different vulnerability than CVE-2011-1577.
The following non-security issues have been fixed :
- md: fix deadlock in md/raid1 and md/raid10 when handling a read error. (bnc#628343)
- md: fix possible raid1/raid10 deadlock on read error during resync. (bnc#628343)
- Add timeo parameter to /proc/mounts for nfs filesystems.
- virtio: indirect ring entries (VIRTIO_RING_F_INDIRECT_DESC). (bnc#713876)
- virtio: teach virtio_has_feature() about transport features. (bnc#713876)
- nf_nat: do not add NAT extension for confirmed conntracks. (bnc#709213)
- 8250: Oxford Semiconductor Devices. (bnc#717126)
- 8250_pci: Add support for the Digi/IBM PCIe 2-port Adapter. (bnc#717126)
- 8250: Fix capabilities when changing the port type.
- 8250: Add EEH support. (bnc#717126)
- xfs: fix memory reclaim recursion deadlock on locked inode buffer. (bnc#699355 / bnc#699354 / bnc#721830)
- ipmi: do not grab locks in run-to-completion mode.
- cifs: add fallback in is_path_accessible for old servers. (bnc#718028)
- cciss: do not attempt to read from a write-only register. (bnc#683101)
- s390: kernel: System hang if hangcheck timer expires (bnc#712009,LTC#74157).
- s390: kernel: NSS creation with initrd fails (bnc#712009,LTC#74207).
- s390: kernel: remove code to handle topology interrupts (bnc#712009,LTC#74440).
- xen: Added 1083-kbdfront-absolute-coordinates.patch.
- acpi: Use a spinlock instead of mutex to guard gbl_lock access. (bnc#707439)
- Allow balance_dirty_pages to help other filesystems.
- nfs: fix congestion control. (bnc#709369)
- NFS: Separate metadata and page cache revalidation mechanisms. (bnc#709369)
- jbd: Fix oops in journal_remove_journal_head().
- xen/blkfront: avoid NULL de-reference in CDROM ioctl handling. (bnc#701355)
- xen/x86: replace order-based range checking of M2P table by linear one.
- xen/x86: use dynamically adjusted upper bound for contiguous regions. (bnc#635880)
- Fix type in patches.fixes/libiscsi-dont-run-scsi-eh-if-iscsi-task-is
- s390: cio: Add timeouts for internal IO (bnc#701550,LTC#72691).
- s390: kernel: first time swap use results in heavy swapping (bnc#701550,LTC#73132).
- s390: qeth: wrong number of output queues for HiperSockets (bnc#701550,LTC#73814).
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7811.