SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis kernel update fixes the following security problems :
- tunneled ipv6 packets (SIT) could trigger a memory leak in the kernel. Remote attackers could exploit that to crash machines. (CVE-2008-2136)
Additionally the following bugfixes have been included for all platforms :
- patches.xfs/xfs-kern_31033a_Fix-fsync-b0rkage.patch: Fix XFS fsync breakage. (bnc#388798)
- patches.fixes/sit-add-missing-kfree_skb: sit - Add missing kfree_skb() on pskb_may_pull() failure. .
- patches.xfs/xfs-kern_30701a_Ensure-a-btree-insert-return s-a- valid-cursor.patch: Ensure a btree insert returns a valid cursor. ( bnc#388806).
- patches.fixes/369802_d_path_fix.patch: fix d_path for pseudo filesystems. (bnc#369802)
- patches.fixes/ignore_lost_ticks: fixed do_vgettimeofday() and other issues with this patch.
- patches.drivers/pci-express-aer-aerdriver-off.patch: PCI
- add possibility to turn AER off. (bnc#382033)
- patches.drivers/pci-express-aer-documentation: PCI - add AER documentation. (bnc#382033)
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 5239.