SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThe following issues have been fixed in this update :
- hash randomization issues (CVE-2012-115) (see below)
- SimpleHTTPServer XSS. (CVE-2011-1015)
- SSL BEAST vulnerability (CVE-2011-3389) The hash randomization fix is by default disabled to keep compatibility with existing python code when it extracts hashes.
To enable the hash seed randomization you can either use :
- pass -R to the python interpreter commandline.
- set the environment variable PYTHONHASHSEED=random to enable it for programs. You can also set this environment variable to a fixed hash seed by specifying a integer value between 0 and MAX_UINT.
In generally enabling this is only needed when malicious third parties can inject values into your hash tables.
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 8080.