Fedora 16 : java-1.6.0-openjdk-18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124.fc16 (2011-15020) (BEAST)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 56719
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionUpdate to latest upstream bugfix release
- Security fixes
- S7000600, CVE-2011-3547: InputStream skip() information leak
- S7019773, CVE-2011-3548: mutable static AWTKeyStroke.ctor
- S7023640, CVE-2011-3551: Java2D TransformHelper integer overflow
- S7032417, CVE-2011-3552: excessive default UDP socket limit under SecurityManager
- S7046794, CVE-2011-3553: JAX-WS stack-traces information leak
- S7046823, CVE-2011-3544: missing SecurityManager checks in scripting engine
- S7055902, CVE-2011-3521: IIOP deserialization code execution
- S7057857, CVE-2011-3554: insufficient pack200 JAR files uncompress error checks
- S7064341, CVE-2011-3389: HTTPS: block-wise chosen-plaintext attack against SSL/TLS (BEAST)
- S7070134, CVE-2011-3558: HotSpot crashes with sigsegv from PorterStemmer
- S7077466, CVE-2011-3556: RMI DGC server remote code execution
- S7083012, CVE-2011-3557: RMI registry privileged code execution
- S7096936, CVE-2011-3560: missing checkSetFactory calls in HttpsURLConnection
- Bug fixes
- RH727195: Japanese font mappings are broken
- S6826104, RH730015: Getting a NullPointer exception when clicked on Application & Toolkit Modal dialog
- PR690: Shark fails to JIT using hs20.
- PR696: Zero fails to handle fast_aldc and fast_aldc_w in hs20.
- Added Patch6 as (probably temporally) solution for S7103224 for buildability on newest glibc libraries.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.6.0-openjdk package.