Google Chrome < 14.0.835.163 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 56230
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 14.0.835.163 and is affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- A race condition exists related to the certificate cache. (Issue #49377)
- The Windows Media Player plugin allows click-free access to the system Flash. (Issue #51464)
- MIME types are not treated authoritatively at plugin load time. (Issue #75070)
- An unspecified error allows V8 script object wrappers to crash. (Issue #76771)
- The included PDF functionality contains a garbage collection error. (Issue #78639)
- Out-of-bounds read issues exist related to media buffers, mp3 files, box handling, Khmer characters, video handling, Tibetan characters, and triangle arrays. (Issues #82438, #85041, #89991, #90134, #90173, #95563, #95625)
- An unspecified error allows data displayed in the URL to be spoofed. (Issue #83031)
- Use-after-free errors exist related to unload event handling, the document loader, plugin handling, ruby, table style handling, and the focus controller.
(Issues #89219, #89330, #91197, #92651, #94800, #93420, #93587)
- The URL bar can be spoofed in an unspecified manner related to the forward button. (Issue #89564)
- An NULL pointer error exists related to WebSockets.
- A stale node error exists related to CSS stylesheet handling. (Issue #92959)
- A double-free error exists related to XPath handling in libxml. (Issue #93472)
- Incorrect permissions are assigned to non-gallery pages. (Issue #93497)
- An improper string read occurs in the included PDF functionality. (Issue #93596)
- Self-signed certificates are not pinned properly.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 14.0.835.163 or later.