Mozilla Thunderbird < 6.0 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 55887
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 6.0 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine that may permit remote code execution. (CVE-2011-2985, CVE-2011-2989, CVE-2011-2991, CVE-2011-2992)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL when using an overly long shader program. (CVE-2011-2988)
- A heap overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL's ANGLE library. (CVE-2011-2987)
- A cross-origin data theft vulnerability exists when using canvas and Windows D2D hardware acceleration.
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 6.0 or later.