New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 6.0 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine that may permit remote code execution. (CVE-2011-2985, CVE-2011-2989, CVE-2011-2991, CVE-2011-2992)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL when using an overly long shader program. (CVE-2011-2988)
- A heap overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL's ANGLE library. (CVE-2011-2987)
- A cross-origin data theft vulnerability exists when using canvas and Windows D2D hardware acceleration.
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 6.0 or later.