SuSE 10 Security Update : coreutils (ZYPP Patch Number 7655)
High Nessus Plugin ID 55761
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis update of coreutils fixes the following security issue :
- 697897: coreutils: when running 'su -c' to execute commands as different user the target user could inject command back into the calling users terminal via the TIOCSTI ioctl.
This update also fixes the following non-security issues :
- 545797: cp behavior difference in SLES9 vs SLES10
- 557051: Date command does not show correct results because of Daylight Savings Time.
- 610731: readlink mis-detects loops
- 654529: chmod double free memory
- 702995: Added -L and -P to the pwd binary
- 564082: Fixed crash of 'cp' on gpfs
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7655.