SuSE 10 Security Update : FUSE (ZYPP Patch Number 7362)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 53256
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThe following security issues were fixed in fuse and util-linux :
- FUSE allowed local users to create mtab entries with arbitrary pathnames, and consequently unmount any filesystem, via a symlink attack on the parent directory of the mountpoint of a FUSE filesystem. (CVE-2010-3879)
- Avoid mounting a directory including evaluation of symlinks, which might have allowed local attackers to mount filesystems anywhere in the system.
- Avoid symlink attacks on the mount point written in the mtab file. (CVE-2011-0543)
Additional two bugs were fixed in util-linux :
- fixed retrying nfs mounts on rpc timeouts
- allow seperate control of the internet protocol uses by rpc.mount seperately of the protocol used by nfs.
New features were implemented: - mount now has --fake and
--no-canonicalize options, required for the symlink security fixes.
These were backported from mainline.
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7362.