SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, the component that provides the core functionality of Iceweasel, Debian's variant of Mozilla's browser technology.
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2010-3765 Xulrunner allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via vectors related to nsCSSFrameConstructor::ContentAppended, the appendChild method, incorrect index tracking, and the creation of multiple frames, which triggers memory corruption.
- CVE-2010-3174 CVE-2010-3176 Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in the browser engine in Xulrunner allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption and application crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via unknown vectors.
- CVE-2010-3177 Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Gopher parser in Xulrunner allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a crafted name of a (1) file or (2) directory on a Gopher server.
- CVE-2010-3179 Stack-based buffer overflow in the text-rendering functionality in Xulrunner allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (memory corruption and application crash) via a long argument to the document.write method.
- CVE-2010-3180 Use-after-free vulnerability in the nsBarProp function in Xulrunner allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by accessing the locationbar property of a closed window.
- CVE-2010-3183 The LookupGetterOrSetter function in Xulrunner does not properly support window.__lookupGetter__ function calls that lack arguments, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (incorrect pointer dereference and application crash) via a crafted HTML document.
In addition, this security update includes corrections for regressions caused by the fixes for CVE-2010-0654 and CVE-2010-2769 in DSA-2075-1 and DSA-2106-1.
SolutionUpgrade the Xulrunner packages.
For the stable distribution (lenny), these problems have been fixed in version 184.108.40.206-6.