New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis kernel update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3 kernel fixes several critical security issues.
The following security issues were fixed :
- Incorrect buffer handling in the biarch-compat buffer handling could be used by local attackers to gain root privileges. This problem affects foremost x86_64, or potentially other biarch platforms, like PowerPC and S390x. (CVE-2010-3081)
- A kernel information leak via the WEXT ioctl was fixed.
- A kernel information leak via the XFS filesystem was fixed. (CVE-2010-3078)
- A kernel information leak in the net eql code was fixed.
Additionally a data corruption bug in s390 was fixed :
- A race between /proc/pid/stat and fork in the S390 kernel could lead to data corruption.
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7160.