New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.5
SynopsisThe remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the HP System Management Homepage install on the remote host is earlier than 6.2.
Such versions are reportedly affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Session renegotiations are not handled properly, which could be exploited to insert arbitrary plaintext in a man-in-the-middle attack. (CVE-2009-3555)
- An attacker may be able to upload files using a POST request with 'multipart/form-data' content even if the target script doesn't actually support file uploads per se. (CVE-2009-4017)
- PHP's 'proc_open' function can be abused to bypass 'safe_mode_allowed_env_vars' and 'safe_mode_protected_env_vars' directives.
- PHP does not properly protect session data as relates to interrupt corruption of '$_SESSION' and the 'session.save_path' directive. (CVE-2009-4143)
- The application allows arbitrary URL redirections.
(CVE-2010-1586 and CVE-2010-3283)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in Apache's mod_proxy_ajp, mod_reqtimeout, and mod_proxy_http relating to timeout conditions. Note that this issue only affects SMH on Windows.
- An as-yet unspecified information disclosure vulnerability may allow an authorized user to gain access to sensitive information, which in turn could be leveraged to obtain root access on Linux installs of SMH. (CVE-2010-3009)
- There is an as-yet unspecified HTTP response splitting issue. (CVE-2010-3011)
- There is an as-yet unspecified cross-site scripting issue. (CVE-2010-3012)
- An as-yet unspecified vulnerability could lead to remote disclosure of sensitive information.
SolutionUpgrade to HP System Management Homepage 6.2.0 or later.