IBM DB2 9.5 < Fix Pack 6a Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 49120
SynopsisThe remote database server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version, the installation of IBM DB2 9.5 running on the remote host is prior to 9.5 Fix Pack 6. It is, therefore, affected by one or more of the following issues :
- The Install component on Linux, UNIX, and Windows enforces an unintended limit on password length, which makes it easier for attackers to obtain access via a brute-force attack. (IC62856)
- The Security component logs AUDIT events by using a USERID and an AUTHID value corresponding to the instance owner, instead of a USERID and an AUTHID value corresponding to the logged-in user account, which makes it easier for remote, authenticated users to execute Audit administration commands without discovery.
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the DB2STST program (on Linux and Unix platforms only). (IC65703)
- A malicious user could use the DB2DART program to overwrite files owned by the instance owner. (IC65756)
- The scalar function REPEAT contains a buffer overflow that a malicious user with a valid database connection could manipulate, causing the DB2 server to trap. (IC65933)
- The Net Search Extender implementation in the Text Search component does not properly handle an alphanumeric Fuzzy search, which could allow a remote, authenticated user to consume memory or even hang the system via the 'db2ext.textSearch' function.
- Special group and user enumeration operation on the DB2 server or DB2 Administrator Server (DAS) could trap when running on Windows 2008. (IC66642)
- A weakness in the SSL v3 / TLS protocol involving session renegotiation may allow an attacker to inject an arbitrary amount of plaintext into the beginning of the application protocol stream, which could facilitate man-in-the-middle attacks. (IC68054)
- A memory leak in the Relational Data Services component, when the connection concentrator is enabled, allows remote, authenticated users to cause a denial of service (heap memory consumption) by using a different code page than the database server. (IC68182)
- An unspecified remote buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the DB2 administrative server. (IC70538)
- The 'MODIFIED SQL DATA' table function is not dropped when a definer loses required privileges to maintain the objects. (IZ46774)
- The DRDA Services component allows a remote, authenticated user to cause the database server to ABEND by using the client CLI on Linux, UNIX, or Windows for executing a prepared statement with a large number of parameter markers. (IZ56428)
- The 'Query Compiler, Rewrite, Optimizer' component allows remote, authenticated users to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via a crafted query involving certain UNION ALL views, leading to an indefinitely large amount of compilation time. (IZ58417)
- The Engine Utilities component uses world-writable permissions for the 'sqllib/cfg/db2sprf' file, which could allow a local user to gain privileges by modifying this file. (IZ68463)
- The audit facility in the Security component uses instance-level audit settings to capture CONNECT and AUTHENTICATION events in certain circumstances in which database-level audit settings were intended, which might make it easier for remote attackers to connect without discovery. (JR34218)
- A memory leak in the Relational Data Services component allows remote, authenticated users to cause a denial of service (heap memory consumption) by executing a user- defined function (UDF) or stored procedure while using a different code page than the database server. (LI75022)
SolutionApply IBM DB2 version 9.5 Fix Pack 6a or later.