Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances (cisco-sa-20100217-asa)
High Nessus Plugin ID 44914
SynopsisThe remote SSL VPN Server is vulnerable to various flaws
DescriptionThe remote host is a Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). The remote version of the software used on this appliance is affected by the following security flaws :
- A TCP connection exhaustion denial of service vulnerability. (CVE-2010-0149)
- Two Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) inspection denial of service vulnerabilities. (CVE-2010-0150 and CVE-2010-0569)
- A Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) inspection denial of service vulnerability. (CVE-2010-0151)
- A WebVPN Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) denial of service vulnerability. (CVE-2010-0565)
- A crafted TCP segment denial of service vulnerability.
- A crafted Internet Key Exchange (IKE) message denial of service vulnerability. (CVE-2010-0567)
- An NT LAN Manager version 1 (NTLMv1) authentication bypass vulnerability. (CVE-2010-0568)
An attacker could exploit these flaws to crash the remote device, or to log into the remote VPN (when configured to use NTLMv1 authentication).
SolutionInstall the appropriate firmware upgrade as described in the vendor's advisory.