New! Plugin Severity Now Using CVSS v3
The calculated severity for Plugins has been updated to use CVSS v3 by default. Plugins that do not have a CVSS v3 score will fall back to CVSS v2 for calculating severity. Severity display preferences can be toggled in the settings dropdown.
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe Linux kernel for openSUSE 11.2 was updated to 18.104.22.168 to fix the following bugs and security issues :
- A file overwrite issue on the ext4 filesystem could be used by local attackers that have write access to a filesystem to change/overwrite files of other users, including root. (CVE-2009-4131)
- A remote denial of service by sending overly long packets could be used by remote attackers to crash a machine. (CVE-2009-1298)
- The mac80211 subsystem in the Linux kernel allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (panic) via a crafted Delete Block ACK (aka DELBA) packet, related to an erroneous 'code shuffling patch.' (CVE-2009-4026)
- Race condition in the mac80211 subsystem in the Linux kernel allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system crash) via a Delete Block ACK (aka DELBA) packet that triggers a certain state change in the absence of an aggregation session. (CVE-2009-4027)
- The poll_mode_io file for the megaraid_sas driver in the Linux kernel has world-writable permissions, which allows local users to change the I/O mode of the driver by modifying this file. (CVE-2009-3939)
- The collect_rx_frame function in drivers/isdn/hisax/hfc_usb.c in the Linux kernel allows attackers to have an unspecified impact via a crafted HDLC packet that arrives over ISDN and triggers a buffer under-read. This requires the attacker to access the machine on ISDN protocol level. (CVE-2009-4005)
- Array index error in the gdth_read_event function in drivers/scsi/gdth.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly gain privileges via a negative event index in an IOCTL request. (CVE-2009-3080)
- The get_instantiation_keyring function in security/keys/keyctl.c in the KEYS subsystem in the Linux kernel does not properly maintain the reference count of a keyring, which allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (OOPS) via vectors involving calls to this function without specifying a keyring by ID, as demonstrated by a series of keyctl request2 and keyctl list commands.
- The fuse_direct_io function in fs/fuse/file.c in the fuse subsystem in the Linux kernel might allow attackers to cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference and OOPS) via vectors possibly related to a memory-consumption attack. (CVE-2009-4021)
- Multiple race conditions in fs/pipe.c in the Linux kernel allow local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or gain privileges by attempting to open an anonymous pipe via a /proc/*/fd/ pathname. As openSUSE 11.2 by default sets mmap_min_addr protection, this issue will just Oops the kernel and not be able to execute code. (CVE-2009-3547)
- net/unix/af_unix.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (system hang) by creating an abstract-namespace AF_UNIX listening socket, performing a shutdown operation on this socket, and then performing a series of connect operations to this socket. (CVE-2009-3621)
- drivers/firewire/ohci.c in the Linux kernel when packet-per-buffer mode is used, allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unknown other impact via an unspecified ioctl associated with receiving an ISO packet that contains zero in the payload-length field.
- The ext4_decode_error function in fs/ext4/super.c in the ext4 filesystem in the Linux kernel allows user-assisted remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference), and possibly have unspecified other impact, via a crafted read-only filesystem that lacks a journal. (CVE-2009-4308)
- The ext4_fill_flex_info function in fs/ext4/super.c in the Linux kernel allows user-assisted remote attackers to cause a denial of service (divide-by-zero error and panic) via a malformed ext4 filesystem containing a super block with a large FLEX_BG group size (aka s_log_groups_per_flex value). (CVE-2009-4307)
- Unspecified vulnerability in the EXT4_IOC_MOVE_EXT (aka move extents) ioctl implementation in the ext4 filesystem in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (filesystem corruption) via unknown vectors, a different vulnerability than CVE-2009-4131. (CVE-2009-4306)
- The EXT4_IOC_MOVE_EXT (aka move extents) ioctl implementation in the ext4 filesystem in the Linux kernel allows local users to overwrite arbitrary files via a crafted request, related to insufficient checks for file permissions. This can lead to privilege escalations. (CVE-2009-4131)
- The rt2870 and rt2860 drivers were refreshed to the level they are in the Linux 2.6.32 kernel, bringing new device support and new functionality.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.