New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis update fixes a several security issues and various bugs in the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP 2 kernel.
The following security issues were fixed: CVE-2009-3939: A sysctl variable of the megaraid_sas driver was worldwriteable, allowing local users to cause a denial of service or potential code execution.
- The collect_rx_frame function in drivers/isdn/hisax/hfc_usb.c in the Linux kernel before 2.6.32-rc7 allows attackers to have an unspecified impact via a crafted HDLC packet that arrives over ISDN and triggers a buffer under-read. (CVE-2009-4005)
- A negative offset in a ioctl in the GDTH RAID driver was fixed. (CVE-2009-3080)
- The fuse_direct_io function in fs/fuse/file.c in the fuse subsystem in the Linux kernel might allow attackers to cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference and OOPS) via vectors possibly related to a memory-consumption attack. (CVE-2009-4021)
- The dbg_lvl file for the megaraid_sas driver in the Linux kernel before 2.6.27 has world-writable permissions, which allows local users to change the (1) behavior and (2) logging level of the driver by modifying this file. (CVE-2009-3889)
- Memory leak in the appletalk subsystem in the Linux kernel when the appletalk and ipddp modules are loaded but the ipddp'N' device is not found, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via IP-DDP datagrams. (CVE-2009-2903)
- net/unix/af_unix.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (system hang) by creating an abstract-namespace AF_UNIX listening socket, performing a shutdown operation on this socket, and then performing a series of connect operations to this socket. (CVE-2009-3621)
- The tcf_fill_node function in net/sched/cls_api.c in the netlink subsystem in the Linux kernel 2.6.x before 2.6.32-rc5, and 184.108.40.206 and earlier, does not initialize a certain tcm__pad2 structure member, which might allow local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via unspecified vectors. NOTE: this issue existed because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2005-4881. (CVE-2009-3612 / CVE-2005-4881)
- The ATI Rage 128 (aka r128) driver in the Linux kernel does not properly verify Concurrent Command Engine (CCE) state initialization, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly gain privileges via unspecified ioctl calls. (CVE-2009-3620)
- The nfs4_proc_lock function in fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c in the NFSv4 client in the Linux kernel allows remote NFS servers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and panic) by sending a certain response containing incorrect file attributes, which trigger attempted use of an open file that lacks NFSv4 state.
- The swiotlb functionality in the r8169 driver in drivers/net/r8169.c in the Linux kernel allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (IOMMU space exhaustion and system crash) by using jumbo frames for a large amount of network traffic, as demonstrated by a flood ping. (CVE-2009-3613)
The rio and sx serial multiport card drivers were disabled via a modprobe blacklist due to severe bugs.
For a full list of changes, please read the RPM changelog.
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 6726.